• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

War on the Run: Robert Rogers by Ross

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am about 2/3 through this book and some questions have arisen.
Ross mentions that in a battle in 1760, Rogers Rangers were using "cartridges" but the opposing Indians were pouring power and balls, a slower process. Does he mean by "cartridges" that they were using powder wrapped in paper with a ball at the end?
Also, Ross writes with a strong level of authority about the relationships Rogers had, both bad and good, with British commanders, with Rogers always coming out the Saint and the British officers the buffoons. Are there others who take a more balanced view?
Thanks,
Ron

You could take a look at "White Devil" by Brumwell....I believe he is a Brit...as I remember his perspective was somewhat different...personally I found "War on the Run" to be a better read....though it has been awhile. Brumwells book is more like a textbook..less like a story.

Back