Quantcast

War clubs

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Treestalker

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the dream time my brother found a suitable stone, grooved it, and placed it in the fork of a tree branch, tied the ends of the branch and let it grow in place. I was about 6 years old.. Some years later, the branch had grown around it very tightly and had grown larger. He made a hell of an impressive war club out of it, nobody else had one, they didn't have his patience. He hung it on his bedroom wall with a print of 'An Appeal to the Great Spirit' after he doctored it up with hawk feathers and dog teeth and whatnot. Sure looked good, I don't know if he ever used it in combat.

tom mesa

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work, Tom! Those look good!

Notchy Bob
The only thing that is real is the human hair I used as decoration. I made the "stone heads" from wood eggs from Hobby Lobby ,I painted them with Krylon outdoor furniture paint that has a stone finish. They are a lot lighter to carry on your belt!

robes

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a few of the clubs I have made in the last 30 years. I can't find anymore stone heads ,so I make them.
I made this from a piece of newly dead Chestnut, a hybrid tree I planted about 15 years ago but which finally succumbed to the blight I believe. Not really trying to reproduce any historical item, just too much Covid time on my hands!IMG_4336.jpgIMG_4378.jpgIMG_4394.jpgIMG_4415.jpg

Latest posts