• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

War Club with Black Pine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a black pine die on my property. When I pulled it, the base of the truck had such a nice look to it. Black Pine is harder wood than I thought it would be. I'm just finishing this spike club. All hand carved. The handle is Elk rawhide with Grizzly fur on each side. The blade is a piece steel I found in the yard and worked on in the forge.
IMG_4049.jpg
IMG_4050.jpg
IMG_4052.jpg
IMG_4053.jpg

That thing looks like it would be just as dangerous to the user as the enemy. I've always wondered with those bladed clubs how many self sustained injuries there were.

Very well done. As to the functionality of the weapon, it should be a killer to any opponents hit with it but if that blade stuck into something then it may be one’s demise.

Some months ago a read a history on the battle of Hastings in 1066.
Odo, the bishop brother of William fought in the battle. As a churchman he couldn’t spill blood. So fought with a club mace. Apparently he fought so hard that he broke his war mace during the battle
That would be disconcerting during a hand to hand

Very nice, what is the overall length?
It's just under 30" long and functional. Thought I'd hit my hawk target at home a few times and it held up great and knife edge had no change. I've seen some with three blades, not that's a bit crazy, but I can see they'll do damage in a hand to hand.

IMG_4064.jpg

Last edited:
Back