• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED WANTED The Pedersoli™ Coach Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a add wanting a black powder shotgun. A few days later, a new person joined with no any other posts from the forum telling he that he knows one for sale and to contact (name omitted). I contacted the ‘seller’ and all I need was to send money and it he will ship it me. Then sent two wrong photos – one was a Sharps black power gun and the next one was a FFL item. I told I would not ship money until I can look at it and set a time to make the deal work. Apparently, it turned to be not true – we went back and both for a few days and I drove to his house and he knew I would be there at 5:30 pm on last Saturday (8-8-2020) and he was not there. He told me he forgot and was busy with work. I told him I need a phone to go back and have not heard back from him since. I lost two hours for the drive.

Now, this same thing happened again. A brand-new member with the forum shows with no history out for the blue says he knows one for sale. I contacted him and he sent a photo telling me just send money.

Now, I do not know any of them. None of the members are a member on this board. Perhaps they are a good vendor and would not have problems with these deals but it is a long trip to go from my house to the address they gave me (the first one was in Houston and the next one is Denton). They are not a member of the forum and I do not know how to contact them other by a Gmail account and I asked them their phone numbers and they did not give it to me.

So, I think the best way to deal with this if you have a member of this forum with a good review, deal with them. If they are new with no reviews, find a local FFL and take the gun there. Then the FFL can then call you and he can look it over and if it looks good, you can pay them. The FFL can keep it and then ship to you or you can drive there to pick it up at your FFL’s shop. You can use PayPal so the money would show up right away on the seller’s phone. You can will agree to pay the FFL’s fees. The FFL can give you a receipt with both the FFL and your information on it. I told the second 'vendor' would deal with a FFL with no response.

Please do not offended, this is just business and a way to not get scammed.

RM

Last edited:
Second time in the past couple of weeks I’ve heard of scam activity on the forum.

If something doesn’t pass the sniff test, avoid. It’s probably rotten.

To clear this - the two new members with no history did contact me via PM and I contacted the 'buyer' via Gmail and then they told for me to send money.

TO ALL

We've had a few cases like this recently. The people I knew of who were sending PM's saying contact someone else and then giving a E mail or G mail address were banned. When I did this, their old PM's were removed so if one of them did contact you and I banned them, you won't be able to find the PM's.

In any case, if any of you receive a PM wanting to send you to some third party person to buy something, please let me know ASAP.

Give me their forum name and tell me what they said. (I cannot read your Conversations or PM's on the forum. Those are private conversations that can only be read by the people who send and receive them. That's why they are called Private Messages.)

I've bought at least 10 muzzleloaders from this forum everyone I have bought one from has been top notch men. Most have been with the forum awhile. Not the first hiccup so far

Hey guys, we all know that " STRANGERS" wanting money for guns unseen is a bad mix.
When they are pulling the switch and change, or guess what I have, something is going to go wrong......and NOT in your favour.
Deal with friends or well recommended people.

Back