• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Wanted Scottish Murdoch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scot mur

32 Cal
Reaction score
Wanted to buy !! Still looking for a reproduction Scottish Murdoch pistol around 50 cal price range 300-500 located in MD using for reenactments and general all around shooting is there one out there somewhere ???

Hi Scot,
I'm probably late to this parley, but I just checked the Dixie GunWworks website and they have them in stock...
Regards

If I'm not mistaken the Italian repros were called the "Black Watch" pistol and they have a steel barrel with an all brass frame.

The only all-steel models that I've seen come out of India. There are about 4 or 5 importers of those with the best price from Military Heritage out of Canada. The ones out of Canada and from Dixie come with the vent hole not drilled.

Dixie gets $495 for theirs and as mentioned one will have to drill the vent once they get it. The Dixie looks to be the same as the first one shown below from Miltary Heritage. Dixie states twice in their listing it's not fireable but then they also give the ball diameter and recommended powder charge, I guess they know that the Indian guns for safe but want to cover their butts with a warning.

The model shown first is also the one I bought from Military Heritage
Link
Military Heritage Scottish pistols

An officers model at $399 plus $40 shipping. Originals were typically engraved and sold in pairs to officers.
1672959123952.png

They also have this model described as: "an other ranks model" same price as above--$399 plus $40 to ship
1672959169520.png

There are two other domestic sellers of these models. They come with the vent pre-drilled but are also about $75 more
than the undrilled Canadian imported models.

Middlesex Village Trading Company (horrible customer service from what I've read online)

Veteran Arms LLC (good service but also $475 plus shipping) Their Murdock is currently out of stock

Here's mine right after I got it. I have since drilled the vent hole (1/16 inch) and fired it several times. The back sword is a
cheap Indian repro I found at a flea market for $20, The Targe I made from a kit over 35 years ago, and the Royal Stewart tartan
I found on the close-out Christmas fabric table at Hobby Lobby for $2.50
1672960376663.png

Cheers

Wanted to buy !! Still looking for a reproduction Scottish Murdoch pistol around 50 cal price range 300-500 located in MD using for reenactments and general all around shooting is there one out there somewhere ???
Hey Scot, why are you looking for a Murdock? Does it have to do with your heritage? I too am a Scot (Manson, sept of the Clan Gunn), and might be similarly interested.

I have worked over many murdochs, among the different models imported from India they rank up there with English Lock pistols, it takes a bit of work to get them to work correctly. I currently still have one although when it was used in the past film it was returned minus the ramrod and pick which I need to replace. I took this one out for Halloween and fired off maybe 20-30 shots where it performed flawlessly. No pictures right now as it is packed along with all the other toys for Alafia. I didn't do work on it as I was working on the Ferguson. It is not polished but given a darker natural patina and the cost with or without the 2 missing pieces is $550 plus shipping. This one has passed my reliability test. I can make those murdochs spark (previous murdoch, no powder). . .

Attachments

• IMG_7358.JPG
    IMG_7358.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 0
checked the Dixie GunWworks website and they have them in shey prairie banditti

Hi Scot,
I'm probably late to this parley, but I just checked the Dixie GunWworks website and they have them in stock...
Regards
Hey Prairie Banditti you quoted Dixie currently has them in stock that's funny I just checked their website and it says unavailable still unless I'm missing something !!! Still looking all other websites say mid January maybe !!!

Hey Slothead yes heritage matters mom's side is Scottish and building my persona around that fact being that I come from scot and German influence lm wanting a simple plain sidearm to blend with my simple early MD rifle gun a working man's weapon built for heavy use in a unforgiving environment

Back