• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Wanted-Hatfield squirrel rifle....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just have a thing for the Hatfields and have it in my head that I need a flintlock squirrel rifle. I suppose I could live with percussion too, since the L&R replacement locks fit (I think). I have several guns that I'd consider trading for or on the Hatfield or might consider a cash deal (I can always sell them on the forum and use the proceeds to purchase what I want).

Sent you some pictures via email. Let me know if you don’t receive them. I’m not the best with a computer

I had one years ago and bought it when I visited the Hatfiield facility in MO. Nice rifle, but upon careful examination, I swear it was made by Pedersoli. Mine was a 36 cal and is a spitting image of the Pedersoli Frontier. No nose cap or patchbox. Hatfiield's name was engraved on the lockplate. I spoke to Ted Hatfield. Kinda slick guy.

Interesting and thanks for the info. If I'm not mistaken, Pedersoli took over the operation at a later date and continued to make the "Hatfield rifles" in the same configuration, but I think anything stamped Hatfield should have been made in America. I had a Cabelas Blue Ridge rifle once and it was clearly a later version of the same design and was made by Pedersoli.

I had one years ago and bought it when I visited the Hatfiield facility in MO. Nice rifle, but upon careful examination, I swear it was made by Pedersoli. Mine was a 36 cal and is a spitting image of the Pedersoli Frontier. No nose cap or patchbox. Hatfiield's name was engraved on the lockplate. I spoke to Ted Hatfield. Kinda slick guy.

pics

Attachments

• 20210204_202732.jpg
    20210204_202732.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 20210204_202616.jpg
    20210204_202616.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 164
Just have a thing for the Hatfields and have it in my head that I need a flintlock squirrel rifle. I suppose I could live with percussion too, since the L&R replacement locks fit (I think). I have several guns that I'd consider trading for or on the Hatfield or might consider a cash deal (I can always sell them on the forum and use the proceeds to purchase what I want).
i have a percussion .36 that i have owned for at least twenty years. it is NOT a pedersoli gun rust blued barrel, stock is reasonably figured. i would take 550.00. regards, dave.

This is a Wanted advertisement. It is not a place to discuss changing percussion guns to flint guns.
Yeah but this has to do with buying a rifle that didn't exactly fit what he was looking for. You could have said ...but it's pretty easy. You just unscrew the nipple plug and screw in a flashhole plug, and the lock switches with a couple of screws. You could have also provided resources to purchase them.

Mods get cranky when not enough ruger old armies come on to snipe I guess.

Back