• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Wanted: .595 round ball mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokennock

Cannon
Reaction score
Looking for a .595 round ball mold.
If someone has the Lee 2 cavity in great shape I'll pay $30 plus shipping. I know they are cheaper new, but, no one has them, and hasn't in a while.
I would prefer, and thus pay more for a steel single cavity mold that mounts to Lyman handles.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

Moose Moulds can provide you with a .595" ball mould. I think they make these to order, and can cherry the blocks for tangential cut-off (like Lee) or for a sprue (like a Lyman). I believe they can also make them as single or double cavity, but I'm not sure about the larger sizes. They aren't cheap, but they make good moulds. I have one of theirs in .550", which is nearly impossible to find elsewhere. Sorry I can't post a link to their site. Still learning how to operate this device. Just Google "moose moulds" (note spelling) and look for "Moose Balls" on their website.

You might also check with Buffalo Arms. They cater to BP cartridge shooters, but they also carry a lot of round ball moulds for muzzle-stuffers.

Good luck!

Notchy Bob

I bought my .595 from Tanner Moulds in England. They will make any size brass mold in .001" increments. No cut off and you have to furnish the handles(available at Track of the Wolf). About $35. Paypal figures the exchange rate for you. Delivery takes about 2wks.

Looking for a .595 round ball mold.
If someone has the Lee 2 cavity in great shape I'll pay $30 plus shipping. I know they are cheaper new, but, no one has them, and hasn't in a while.
I would prefer, and thus pay more for a steel single cavity mold that mounts to Lyman handles.

Thanks,
Dave
Looks like Track of the Wolf has Lee double cavity .595" round ball moulds back in stock now.

Notchy Bob

Looks like Track of the Wolf has Lee double cavity .595" round ball moulds back in stock now.

Notchy Bob
Yup. Thank you.
I recieved a notice from them yesterday. I asked about my back order. Received a response to that email today saying payment was approved and it is shipping, but no shipping notice or tracking info. We shall see. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back