• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Want to get into Muzzleloading and have a lot of questions so I figured I would post in this forum.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine secondhand. The barrel was coated with some kind of brown manure but only on the top- it hadn’t been taken out of the stock. Pretty sure the barrel is stainless. Likewise all the furniture was smeared with the brown stuff and had also rusted some. I stripped it all, hit it with Evaporust, and then spent a few days treating it with vinegar, which mellows the steel- gives it a patina that’s more pleasing to me, and knocks down the shininess. Used some Citrus-strip to clean up the stock and rubbed in a couple or three coats of tung oil. Pretty happy with how it came out.
The coworker I bought it from said he was happy with it throwing round balls to 50 yards. I haven’t really had a chance to put her through her paces yet, but she points naturally. Heavier than a Pedersoli Brown Bess, though.
Jay
That is a good looker right there, I missed out on the 12ga as it sold on Guns International so I am gonna go for the 16ga. Hopefully it is there this weekend when I stop in.

Back