• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wallhangers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdsnooks

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Just thought I’d post my wallhangers. Both modern repros….both fireable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 224
Hanging unmentionables is considered a security risk these days in many circles but I notice it seems to be more common to do so with muzzleloaders. Thoughts?

wm

Hanging unmentionables is considered a security risk these days in many circles but I notice it seems to be more common to do so with muzzleloaders. Thoughts?

wm
Well, my dad used to hang a nice older shotgun above his fireplace when I was a kid growing up, but I advised him to take it down and put it in the safe as it was worth upwards of $1000. An old pump Daisy BB gun rests in its place.

I think the definition of a wallhanger is a counterintuitive term. When you have a great gun that you use a lot, hanging it makes it easy to grab and use as well as displaying a piece of utilitarian artwork. I don’t hang my guns but have hung a guitar or banjo.

Never could get used to shooting the Zouave, so hung it over the fireplace with extra horn and bag... came home one day to find the wife had moved the horn to a more centered position directly above the firebox, and immediately lectured her on the hazards of placing anything with powder in it that close to an open flame...her response was that it was my fault for having a display item fully loaded with BP...turns out the way it is displayed is more important that what is displayed...who knew???

You lot lucky to live in USA with V 8 engines included U.K. Diesel today was £1.42/ litr The police refused to renew my certificates they think I might shoot intruders or whatever , civil disobedience if you like. Ha ha They took away my S2 licence and three shotguns. So no point being in a club .... I am only 78 I can borrow guns if in shouting distance of them owner... So my 14 odd guns are just wall hangers All I can shoot are PCP 12 ft lb air guns....

Wife moans they are on the wall, could I put them in the loft or spare room , actualy no I shoot bows and arrows but you cannot hunt with them in uk....life can be tough for us gunny guys in uk.....Our pistols were confiscated a few years ago Such is gunny life in uk......I try to be happy 😕 I like Flint knapping for locks and arrow heads ,,,,i guess do what you like what makes you happy ....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 112
You lot lucky to live in USA with V 8 engines included U.K. Diesel today was £1.42/ litr The police refused to renew my certificates they think I might shoot intruders or whatever , civil disobedience if you like. Ha ha They took away my S2 licence and three shotguns. So no point being in a club .... I am only 78 I can borrow guns if in shouting distance of them owner... So my 14 odd guns are just wall hangers All I can shoot are PCP 12 ft lb air guns....

Wife moans they are on the wall, could I put them in the loft or spare room , actualy no I shoot bows and arrows but you cannot hunt with them in uk....life can be tough for us gunny guys in uk.....Our pistols were confiscated a few years ago Such is gunny life in uk......I try to be happy 😕 I like Flint knapping for locks and arrow heads ,,,,i guess do what you like what makes you happy ....

Didn't take our 'pistols', and we live in England.................

1632593936904.png

1632593964090.png

Apologies for the odd-looking non-BP item.

But if you live in Northern Ireland, also part of the UK, there is no pistol ban of any kind.

Apologies if the video link causes offence here, but you really DO have to know that handgun shooting is NOT totally dead in UK, as some would tell you.

Last edited:
I gather the guy involved in parliament was a muzzle loader Lucky you, lucky all of us. Do whatever makes you happy. I had .357 magnums and 22 target plus other stuff Ham and Letersham club and hunters club Lagos Nigeria Looking at Holts auction modern ml pistols seems cheap percussion revolvers are worth £39 each not wishing to be rude But a nitro muzzle loading target pistol caught my eye It's all in the distant past from 1962 just was not interested in repro revolvers However this interests me but I'll never get an S1 at 78. No apology necessary, my kind of nitro gun, After the pistols went a lot took up archery at Woking , I went into S58 double rifles. Like 450/400. 577-500no2 .36 mint percussion double. 1886 firs £2200 and a big .6 and 12 bore cape rifle Reilly 1864

A MODERN .36 MUZZLE-LOADING NITRO-POWDER TARGET-PISTOL SIGNED WESTLAKE, MODEL 'PHOENIX NITRO', serial no. 0011, for 2000, with blued semi octagonal8 1/2in. barrel, integral bolt-action receiver for use with shotgun primers, match trigger unit, and Morini anatomical walnut grip

Please click HERE to view Terms & Conditions. Please note all Lots are listed in accordance with UK Law, for overseas buyers, please ensure you are familiar with your relevant local firearms and customs regulations before bidding.

Estimate £300-350

S1 - Sold as a Section 1 Firearm under the 1968 Firearms Act

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 34
I being perhaps dim don't quite follow how Lagos Nigeria fits in .The rest is a horror story all too familiar in this increasingly anti gun world . even NZ suffers the loony Left at present , you have my sympathies.
Regards Rudyard

Norther ireland , got a cousin there and one in Mechanicsvill USA who's wife is anti guns.....£520 takes me return to cousin Perth Oz Big ranges there , Johndulup, but I am a hunter theses days, Been up west coast nothing to hunt , Often think of hunting water buff last time Oz $8000 a week no hunting with MLs. It's cruel. France seems ok for BP The French guy don't want us at his 3 ranges in La Rocelle as we buy up all the lead and powder Had hunting invites but all a bit of an effort 4 years ago we lost our NT hunting lease ours sinse 1933 plus got kidney cancer come back bad so I am all behind, no worries I'll start immunology at Marsdon Xmas time My 50ft ocean cafameran at Sussex yacht club got a hole on its new morning waiting to go on slipway for repairs Maybe we will sail up to Norway hunt elk and bear who knows Nice to chat be happy plus

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 41

Wife moans they are on the wall, could I put them in the loft or spare room , actualy no I shoot bows and arrows but you cannot hunt with them in uk....life can be tough for us gunny guys in uk.....Our pistols were confiscated a few years ago Such is gunny life in uk......I try to be happy 😕 I like Flint knapping for locks and arrow heads ,,,,i guess do what like what makes you happy ....
The only rights you have are the ones you are willing to fight and die for. The elites don’t want you to have any. When you have to ask permission to do or own something it is no longer a right but a privilege. Privileges are give to those they like by those who have subjugated others by force, like your queen’s bloody ancestors. You Brits cry, but it’s your own damn fault for letting it happen in the first place, then living with it for centuries.

Last edited:
I was taught at a young age that firearms of any kind were not decorative in nature. Better they were kept out of sight until needed. There may be several close to hand at all times, but advertising to folks I don't trust with my life that I have a collection of guns makes me nervous. You never know who may be watching and coveting. I guess it's much easier to get away with if you display muzzleloaders, since so many are uninformed and only think of them as harmless relics. Besides, them and cowboy guns are much more beautiful, IMHO.

For the same reason, if I carry it is always concealed. Which is a shame because I find most firearms and accoutrements rather pretty. Maybe it's childish, but I've though more than once that it's be cool to strap on a tooled leather gun belt and open carry a nice cap and ball pistol into town. I've even caught myself staring an someone's open carry piece just to see what it is and admire it, but I'm always afraid I will provoke a negative response. Shame how guns have become such a taboo subject these days.

Latest posts

Back