• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wallhangers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Wallhangers topic brought back a memory. For context I am 74. When I was a child in Philadelphia there was a restaurant named Casper's on Baltimore Ave. I constantly asked my parents to take me there.

The walls were covered, top to bottom and left to right with firearms. I do not remember if any were muzzleloaders but would not be surprised. I was agog at the automatic weapons. I suppose they were DEWAT. There were handguns, rifles, shotguns. All long gone now, including the neighborhood.

Can not imagine anyone decorating their restaurant like that now.

Display of anything but flintlock rifles, antiques or rendered inert firearms is verboten in Canada. I can hang my flint rifle on the wall, which is only about 7 years old, but Can’t hang up any thing else really. Our laws are very confusing and contradictory, we have two sets federally, and in both english and French. The two translations don`t even say exactly the same thing either. If you are charge by the Crown, they will use whichever translation suits them at the time.
the only ones i hang up are incomplete projects in my workshop, and an original R.Wilson trade gun of unknown provenance and date that i would like to reline and shoot one day. Needs a lock and a side plate. It is a wonderfully easy to point and carry. I’d get a NW trade gun kit but no one seems to have any.

101 Screaming eagles- was just recently at the memorial site in Gander , NL, where the Arrow crash on 12 Dec, 1985 happened. It is a very somber peaceful place. I have been there several times, but not sure if i`ll get there again as i don`t live in Newfoundland any more.

I never had much interest in wall hangers, except as useful "parts" guns. But here is one exception I couldn't pass up: An original Northwest Trade Fusil. Converted to percussion. And actually, a Belgium period copy of the famous English fusil. (Fox in the coffin vs Fox in the circle). Considered more rare than the English (but not more valuable). Bought this for a song from a retiring co-worker who had no interest in firearms of any kind. Said it was owned by his grandfather. The co-worker said he could trace his family in the St. Louis, MO area at least back to the 1850's. So, there's a good chance this gun was originally purchased at one of the local hardware stores back then. And it was probably used all the way up till the tumbler broke. It's all complete (except ramrod) but in wall hanger only condition. In this case, I'm simply the next caretaker. LOL Lock plate marked: Barnett 1836.
DSC00499 (Medium).JPG

Rick

The Wallhangers topic brought back a memory. For context I am 74. When I was a child in Philadelphia there was a restaurant named Casper's on Baltimore Ave. I constantly asked my parents to take me there.

The walls were covered, top to bottom and left to right with firearms. I do not remember if any were muzzleloaders but would not be surprised. I was agog at the automatic weapons. I suppose they were DEWAT. There were handguns, rifles, shotguns. All long gone now, including the neighborhood.

Can not imagine anyone decorating their restaurant like that now.
A German Restaurant in Frankfort Illinois is decorated in a huge way with war memorbilia. Especially guns ,lot's of guns
John

Yes. Referring to that one. Looking very similar to mine but hard to tell

My wall hangers. A basement room that also houses my work shop and reloading room.
They are there because the get shot a lot and the gun safe is too full of the, quaint terminology, unmentionables.
3DBBF0D4-E8C6-433B-81DE-1B45568CD91A.jpeg

Hanging unmentionables is considered a security risk these days in many circles but I notice it seems to be more common to do so with muzzleloaders. Thoughts?

wm

Display of guns on a wall makes me cringe...
As an LEO of 32 years, I can tell you the drug addled yahoos that are breaking into houses can't tell a modern firearm from an antique repro, as neither can most of the public. They will often cut them down to do a robbery so if you get a piece back back it's useless. They are stolen and often not recovered, because when the yahoos find out they are not modern, they ditch them in the woods, or a dumpster.

😥

Revolvers they do use, and I've taken several BP revolvers off of suspects, and ALL that were loaded were loaded with modern powder. Too bad they didn't blow themselves up as they were PACKED. ;)

LD

That’s why we have a monitored with police dispatch alarm system.
Hopeful the sign posted on the doors is a deterrent and the loud alarm siren will hurry those who ignore that on their way. If they do continue hopefully the police dispatch speeds up the investigation and at least provides some security until the home owner is notified.

Not that bad in uk. I was going to put some 12 bore BP alarm guns around the house ( henry krank). But had a couple of break ins over the years so anything over £1500 stays in a safe as it’s not covered by insurance. The police noted on an old break in I said , so they say “ I’ll shoot the buggers next time” oh thats not allowed in uk, robbers have human rights you know, so at 77 the police took away my shotguns in case i shot an intruder . Still got my Hoyt bows and arrows. Ha ha ha

The 'Belgian guy on Youtube', Dr Balázs Németh, is a Doctor of military history and principal university lecturer in that subject in Budapest, capital of Hungary. Thought that watching him a few times, and noting his frequent references to shooting at home in Hungary you might just have spotted that.... He is also an author, re-enactor, local organiser of the MLAIC competitions and co-owner of a highly-regarded gun store in Budapest, along with his brother and sister-in-law.

He is the main Pedersoli dealer in that part of Europe and has an enviable relationship with Snre Pedersoli - father and son - and is a frequent visitor to their factory in Gardone Val Trompia, Brescia, Italy. He is also the front of store man on the Pedersoli stand at the IWA most years. Take a look at kapszli.hu for details of the gun store.
Oh that’s brill. Thanks so much , bit to handsome , and now educated , smooth voice too. Pleasure to watch his video clips and I am a bloke ha ha. Yes very interesting reply many thanks

You lot lucky to live in USA with V 8 engines included U.K. Diesel today was £1.42/ litr The police refused to renew my certificates they think I might shoot intruders or whatever , civil disobedience if you like. Ha ha They took away my S2 licence and three shotguns. So no point being in a club .... I am only 78 I can borrow guns if in shouting distance of them owner... So my 14 odd guns are just wall hangers All I can shoot are PCP 12 ft lb air guns....

Wife moans they are on the wall, could I put them in the loft or spare room , actualy no I shoot bows and arrows but you cannot hunt with them in uk....life can be tough for us gunny guys in uk.....Our pistols were confiscated a few years ago Such is gunny life in uk......I try to be happy 😕 I like Flint knapping for locks and arrow heads ,,,,i guess do what you like what makes you happy ....
Gordon, I have one PCP in .25 cal that is great for squirrels and rabbits. Are you really limited to 12 psi?
Plan to visit your bonnie green island in the spring, first part of April - BUT, plan on leaving all my weapons here, even the PCP!
Lived over there while young, 6, 7 years old. That was back when George VI passed on and E II was crowned. Got to see her in her white and gold coach one day, had many coronation "trinkets", but lost everything a couple years back. I was lucky to get out with one pistol and an armful of clothes. Lost 69 years of globe-trotting odds and ends.
BUT - 12 psi? Guess you could shoot targets in your living room...
Craig

Back