• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wallhangers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norther ireland , got a cousin there and one in Mechanicsvill USA who's wife is anti guns.....£520 takes me return to cousin Perth Oz Big ranges there , Johndulup, but I am a hunter theses days, Been up west coast nothing to hunt , Often think of hunting water buff last time Oz $8000 a week no hunting with MLs. It's cruel. France seems ok for BP The French guy don't want us at his 3 ranges in La Rocelle as we buy up all the lead and powder Had hunting invites but all a bit of an effort 4 years ago we lost our NT hunting lease ours sinse 1933 plus got kidney cancer come back bad so I am all behind, no worries I'll start immunology at Marsdon Xmas time My 50ft ocean cafameran at Sussex yacht club got a hole on its new morning waiting to go on slipway for repairs Maybe we will sail up to Norway hunt elk and bear who knows Nice to chat be happy plus
Best of luck with your cancer, kick it's butt an extra time for all of us who've lost loved ones. Glad you aren't letting it stop you from living life.

Hanging unmentionables is considered a security risk these days in many circles but I notice it seems to be more common to do so with muzzleloaders. Thoughts?

wm
These days I keep a couple of muzzleloaders hanging up and some cap and ball revolvers on display to enjoy in my man cave. I don't worry too much about any drive by shootings being committed if they get lifted as easy bait if they get that far while new stuff is safely and securely locked away. I'd be out a few grand but that's the chance I'm willing to take to enjoy them out in the open. YMMV

You lot lucky to live in USA with V 8 engines included U.K. Diesel today was £1.42/ litr The police refused to renew my certificates they think I might shoot intruders or whatever , civil disobedience if you like. Ha ha They took away my S2 licence and three shotguns. So no point being in a club .... I am only 78 I can borrow guns if in shouting distance of them owner... So my 14 odd guns are just wall hangers All I can shoot are PCP 12 ft lb air guns....

Wife moans they are on the wall, could I put them in the loft or spare room , actualy no I shoot bows and arrows but you cannot hunt with them in uk....life can be tough for us gunny guys in uk.....Our pistols were confiscated a few years ago Such is gunny life in uk......I try to be happy 😕 I like Flint knapping for locks and arrow heads ,,,,i guess do what you like what makes you happy ....
the rite side wall still has room for 3 more! the ones showen are beauties.

You lot lucky to live in USA with V 8 engines included U.K. Diesel today was £1.42/ litr The police refused to renew my certificates they think I might shoot intruders or whatever , civil disobedience if you like. Ha ha They took away my S2 licence and three shotguns. So no point being in a club .... I am only 78 I can borrow guns if in shouting distance of them owner... So my 14 odd guns are just wall hangers All I can shoot are PCP 12 ft lb air guns....

Wife moans they are on the wall, could I put them in the loft or spare room , actualy no I shoot bows and arrows but you cannot hunt with them in uk....life can be tough for us gunny guys in uk.....Our pistols were confiscated a few years ago Such is gunny life in uk......I try to be happy 😕 I like Flint knapping for locks and arrow heads ,,,,i guess do what you like what makes you happy ....
There but for the grace of God and the NRA go we.

Just thought I’d post my wallhangers. Both modern repros….both fireable.
I guess there's two ways of taking the term "Wall Hanger"
First there's the literal meaning to display or have at the ready!
Then there's a classification of "shooters" and no longer shootable but very nice "wall hanger."
I have an 1847 Springfield percussion conversion "relic" that will never be fired again hanging on the wall in my office. But the guns I shoot are stored away out of site.
KIMG0156.JPG

I guess there's two ways of taking the term "Wall Hanger"
First there's the literal meaning to display or have at the ready!
Then there's a classification of "shooters" and no longer shootable but very nice "wall hanger."
I have an 1847 Springfield percussion conversion "relic" that will never be fired again hanging on the wall in my office. But the guns I shoot are stored away out of site.View attachment 95956
Like the pic of the jumpers and the Hercybird

Hey, I usta do that.
Song lyric from Dire Straits:
"Don't do it no more
But I used to could"

I was jump qualified but spent a lot more time unassing helicopters. On ropes or jumping from just a bit too high off the ground. Stinking kunai grass.

Don't do that no more neither.

"Don't do it no more
But I used to could"

I was jump qualified but spent a lot more time unassing helicopters. On ropes or jumping from just a bit too high off the ground. Stinking kunai grass.

Hell, I can’t even jump off my horse anymore ☹️

Nothing can compete with life in an airborne dvision. I was in the 101st when it was still a parachute division..
101 was a great division with a lot of history. Only downside was their Screaming Eagles patch got them derogativly referred to by other units as the Puking Buzzards 🦅🇺🇸

I do not think its smart to even post a pic of a wallhanger anymore or even parts of a ML/gun on the net. We recently had a garage sale and posted a pic of the stuff we had on Facebook Marketplace. Within seconds they took down our post. In the pic was an incomplete BB gun and a empty ML stock hanging on garage wall. When i protested they admitted the items triggered a "shape" detection program and that such items violated their rules. I don't care about the pic, its that they probably "flagged" us permanently. Downright scary.

"Don't do it no more
But I used to could"

Lol, I used to do all that (mid to late 70s) I've since been issued the new "A-2 knees"
. I don't think they're as versatile as the originals but they are solid and they don't hurt all the time anymore!
Neil

Love the target guns!

Back