• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Walker Hits The 135 Yard Gong--Again!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a fantastic shot John! I wish I could go to a range with that kind of yardage to try my hand at it!

Bet the ball took between a third and a half a second to get there after leaving the barrel...I know that I felt like I was in a slow-motion movie waiting to hear my gong shot at only 135 yards.

Again great job :hatsoff: :thumbsup: .

Dave

thank you for the two posts, I do believe that I just looked into the catalogue and ordered based on my own research. (big mistake but I can use the parts anyway). I am not where I can look at the revolver now, but when I do I will give you the 'BN' or 'BK' (proof) markings and that should give the manufacture date, right? Mabye, then I can get to the bottom of this mistery.
thanks

keep it dry

roundball454 -

The date mark will not identify the manufacturer. You need to find the manufacturer's stamp, generally on the barrel under the loading lever, near the breech end, although it could be anywhere. It may also be on the frame in front of the trigger guard, by the serial number.

Uberti is the letter U inside what appears to be the muzzle of a gun. Peitta may be one of two different marks, either the letters FAP inside a diamond or F.LLI PIETTA spelled out, but I'm not aware that Pietta ever produced a Walker. Palmetto is a palm tree inside a circle, sometimes with Palmetto spelled out. Euroarms (formerly Armi San Paolo) is the letters DGG either by themselves or in a circle. Armi San Marco is either ASM or the name spelled out. Pedersoli is dp in an oval.

There are two Italian proof house marks: the letters PN under a garland around a five pointed star, and a coat of arms under that same garland/star symbol. They are on every Italian black powder gun.

The date stamp is generally two capital letters inside a square, although early Italian guns used roman numerals before the current two letter scheme.

Back