• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Walker/Dragoon Horse-Pistol Revolver Challenge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took out my dragoon. Target one was ok. Target two? Couldn't put five shots on the paper to save my life. My best was four on the paper and one on the edge. Ran out of paper. Maybe try again before the deadline if I can.

Warmest Regards,
Robert

Keep shooting, it'll get better. Nobody's counting attempts.

(Are they?)

I used 4 different guns....

That fifth one would have done the job for sure. :surrender:
Maybe next time ifn mother aint watchin don't ya know! :hmm:
Dusty :wink:

Went back out and shot another target with the horse pistol. This one has five holes in it. Gotta get it in the mail.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Robert

See? I told you so.

I'm NOT gonna be happy if you beat me, however. Teach me to open my big mouth. :cursing:

Only original or reproductions of Colt Walkers/Dragoons/Horse-pistol Revolvers are allowed.

Pardon my ignorance, but is a 7 1/2" barreled '58 Remmy in .44 eligible as a "Horse-pistol Revolver", or is it only walkers, dragoons & up?

Thanks, I'll do that.
Mainly I was unsure of what exactly constituted a "horse pistol" in the context of the rules.

Too big to be carried unless you're mounted?

Big enough to kill a horse?

Kicks like a horse?

Only used from horseback?
:idunno:

All of the above, plus:
It takes a horse to carry the money required to feed it.

This contest is for revolvers. Flintlock horse pistols predate revolver versions by quite a bit and, IIRC, were still in use at the time of the Civil War (maybe percussion by that time).
They were typically big pistols with twelve inch barrels and bored at .58 (or so), carried in pairs on horseback.
Pete

Sorry but y'all are gonna hafta wait a couple more days for the scores.
I didn't have time to finish measuring last night and I'm off to Friendship in a few minutes and won't be back for a couple days. I'll post results soon as I get back.

OK fellers, I made it back and finally got a few spare minutes to do my math homework so here are the
RESULTS!

Only 2 shooters got the job done.

On target number one we measured group size and group center-to-target center;

Teton Ted shot a very respectable 1.7 total
Mykeal scored 4.747

Target number 2 was all 5 shots measured individually from target center;

Teton Ted 8.904
Mykeal 17.284

Agg;

Teton Ted 10.604 total wins all the marbles. :hatsoff:
Mykeal 22.031 for a second place.

Thanks for playing guys. There's another pistol shoot in the works. Be sure and get in on it. :thumbsup:

Jethro,

Thanks for your time and effort.

2nd place by default is disappointing considering all the horse pistols out there, but I'll take it. Now, where are those endorsement offers....? Top Shot has surely called back - perhaps the message machine is broken...

Jethro, Thanks for puten on the shoot. :bow: Like Mykeal I thought there would be more shooters. Congrads to you Mykeal.The shoot sure got me burning some powder. The wife ask me what I won, I said all the marbels. She said somthing like, Thats good, you lost yours along time ago. Had a great time. :thumbsup: :bow: Teton Ted

Robert,

Did you send it in a separate envelope from the smoothbore target? If so it must have got lost, if not then I musta overlooked it. :idunno:
Sorry yours didn't get in.
I'll look thru the stack and make sure I didn't miss it. If I did I will add it to the scores.

Dang only two shooters! Sorry fellers :redface: I could have at least filled a third place spot. I have been busy working on my rifle, had i known i would have made time for the pistol.
Do it again in the future Jethro, I will shoot a horse, I mean my horse pistol next go around. :surrender:

Jethro224 said:
I'll look thru the stack and make sure I didn't miss it. If I did I will add it to the scores.

Jim,

Don't trouble yourself about it. It was fun just going out and shooting. We'll do it again, maybe pocket pistols next time?

Warmest Regards,
Robert

Back