• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Walker/Dragoon Horse-Pistol Revolver Challenge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
By special request, here we go with the Revolving Horse-Pistol Challenge.

This will be a 2-part/2-target contest.

Only original or reproductions of Colt Walkers/Dragoons/Horse-pistol Revolvers are allowed.

The target is a standard 8.5 x 11" sheet of printer paper. You may use an X, a circle, a dot, or whatever aiming point you desire. Center of paper is center of target. Center of target will be determined by judge.

Part One:

Distance is 10 yards for target number one.

Shots are to be taken off-hand using a one-hand hold for target number one.

Take 5 shots at target number one.

Write your screen name and "target one" on your target.

Part Two:

Distance is 25 yards for target number two.

Shots are to be taken off-hand using either a one-hand or two-hand hold for target number two.

Take 5 shots at target number two.

Write your screen name and "target two" on your target.

Targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

Scoring:

Group size, and distance from target center to group center, will be measured and added together for target number one.

Each shot will be measured from center of target to center of shot for target number two.

Smallest total determines the winner.

Judges decision is final.

Targets that have been mutilated will be disqualified.

All Muzzleloadingforum members are eligible to participate.

Members screen name and target number must be written on each target. (So we know who won. )

One entry set per member.

Multiple targets may be submitted in the same envelope to save postage if more than one member shoots in the same group.

Targets must be received by September 10, 2010 to be eligible.

Targets received after September 10, 2010 will be disqualified.

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe!

Mail entries to;
Jim Green
P.O. Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Here's the arsenal:
P1140022.jpg

Good luck, gentlemen. See you at the range. :hatsoff:

Ok, just realized "One entry set per member" means I can't enter each gun. :( :shake:

But I can shoot each one and pick the best one. :) :hatsoff:

mykeal, do you need to borrow a pistol? Or do you have enough? :wink:
Nice collection :v

Thanks Jim!

Now I have to practice the close-up shots to see how far under that piece of paper I'll have to aim! :haha:

Good luck to ALL!

Dave

If we have a "tie", may I suggest that we have a "Shoot-Off" at 135 yards with Scott Air Tanks as the targets :haha:

mykeal said:
Ok, just realized "One entry set per member" means I can't enter each gun. :( :shake:

No. What YOU need to do is buy just ONE MORE Horse Pistol! Then you can take one shot with each gun at each target! Duhhh! (Might work when you explain the new pistol to the wife. :idunno: :wink: )

Alas. Gonna hafta sit this one out. No horse pistol. No Dragoon. No money to buy one right now.
Only have a .36. Nothing big except single shots.

Pete

Jethro224 said:
mykeal said:

No. What YOU need to do is buy just ONE MORE Horse Pistol! Then you can take one shot with each gun at each target! Duhhh! (Might work when you explain the new pistol to the wife. :idunno: :wink: )
YEAH! I love it!

Yoo Hoo, Sweetie Pie - Jethro says I need another gun....

(Deep rumbling sounds gradually increasing in loudness, followed by crashing noises, then the repeating sounds of a hickory rod hitting a rather large gluteus maximus, each punctuated by a pitiful yelp)

:shocked2: She's beatin' him with his own ramrod! :dead: (closest smily we have)
I guess I have about 6-7 hours to get out of town, after the howlin' stops, before she gets down here... :surrender:
Luckily, most of my campin' gear is already(still :redface: ) in the Jeep.

Well true, it's a smoothie. Never really considered shooting balls thru a double barrel. Don't count me out just yet tho. :wink: GW

I'm with you GW. No Horse Pistol nor Smoothie. Oh well, will get in on the next one. Clocest I got is a Ruger Old Army, and that doesn't make it. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Mailed my targets today. That means that this weekend I'll probably be shooting cloverleafs or some such thing.

I ended up using the ASM Walker; while it's not as accurate at longer ranges, for some reason it was grouping better than the Uberti Walker at 25 yards.

I had plenty of witnesses; I had office duty at the range this weekend and we had several customers watch me load the Walkers and then come back when I went outside to shoot. One fellow who arrived late, while I was out shooting the 10 yard Target One, remarked that it looked like some kind of revival or dedication: a semicircle of about 15 people all watching the guy in the center (me). I let everyone handle one of the Walkers (unloaded, of course), and mentioned that the 10 yard target was one hand hold; most expressed extreme disbelief at that, saying they couldn't imagine handling that gun with just one hand. Little did they know. I think my targets proved them right.

......... :shocked2::shocked2: .......
... :shocked2::shocked2: ... :shocked2::shocked2:...
:shocked2::shocked2: ... :redface: ... :shocked2::shocked2:

Mykeal, High Priest of the Holy Hoglaig. :bow:

:rotf: :rotf:

I preceded each shot with "Brothers, let us pray..."

Didn't help much. :v:

Back