• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wait times for Kibbler or Chambers kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a Colonial kit in 58 rifled with regular maple stock in mid September when they were running a short sale and got my notification that its ready to ship today as it happens.

I ordered a 32 SMR almost 10 months ago. Ordered first week in January 2021.Jim was having problems with rifling the barrel. I'm still waiting. He offered me a 36. But I'll wait

With Chambers right now depends on style and grade of wood. They had some in stock last time I checked. Long wait on the highest grade maple. Just hard for anyone to find. Great company though good people good product.

Can't speak on Chambers, but Kibler's site told me 2-4 weeks on my .58. I ordered extra fancy maple and everything was ready to go on week two. Jim (or his crew) wasn't satisfied with their stock for my kit and notified me it would be a couple weeks before he had an extra fancy blank. I think I waited 6-8 weeks, which is just fine for me.

Wish I could say the same about my Sitting Fox kit

For weight and balance the .58 is the pick of the litter in the Colonial.

I am curios about this. As a larger person I like weight forward guns for shooting but not for carrying.. Those that like the .58, what is your background in shooting?
I have the .50 on my bench and will be doing a .54 for a friend that is ordered.
i have a target shooter background but was mostly shotgun and handgun. I do shoot long distance but that gun is carried from the truck to the bench or ground.

My .58 weighs 8.6lbs. It feels heavy when held but feels really good on the shoulder. Weight forward depends on where you place your front hand. It balances just aft of the entry pipe tang. If you like heavy, you'll be thrilled with the .50.

Brooks rifle 002.JPG

Anyone know the wait times for a Kibbler or Chambers kit?
Regards,
Peter
Couple years back, Kibler was at the Dixon's Fair, had STACKS of his guns in boxes, you'd just look at the end label and pick the version you wanted; stock wood, cal., etc. I bet he has a pretty fair selection just 'awaitin' at his shop! I've e-mailed him to please make a Pistol someday!

I am curios about this. As a larger person I like weight forward guns for shooting but not for carrying.. Those that like the .58, what is your background in shooting?
I have the .50 on my bench and will be doing a .54 for a friend that is ordered.
i have a target shooter background but was mostly shotgun and handgun. I do shoot long distance but that gun is carried from the truck to the bench or ground.
I’ve been out of the rendezvous scene for 15 years now. Prior, I had no issues shooting my .40 poor boy at 50-100 yards. Since then, muzzleloading is just another version of hunting to me, so I pulled it out a couple times a year and that was it. Not practicing held my shots to under 50 yds.

Fast forward to my .58 Kibler this year, I had a doe pop out at 72 yards and didn’t even think twice about pulling the trigger. I felt that comfortable. This gun is so balanced, it’s absurd.

For some reason, mine weighs a bit more than everyone else’s (I’m at 9.4# everyone else seems to be in the 8.6# range)

My .58 weighs 8.6lbs. It feels heavy when held but feels really good on the shoulder. Weight forward depends on where you place your front hand. It balances just aft of the entry pipe tang. If you like heavy, you'll be thrilled with the .50.

View attachment 100161
I’m not quite done with the .50 but all the parts except sights are on. It weighs 8 lbs 9.5 oz. It balances at the rear of the brass entry pipe.This pic did not yet have the end cap.
8D9F0E4D-DE2A-4159-96A3-32B80E95A75A.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back