• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Wade Inghram Action Underhammer .36/.50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonboyb

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Thinning my underhammer collection other than the chunk and bench guns i still shoot, but torn on this one. Bit of a story so bear with.

Got into underhammers in the mid-2000's and saw a couple of Wades actions around the shoots. Spent over 5 years looking for one and when this one came available (had given the fella my contact in case he ever wanted to sell it) I jumped on it even though it has a cheek piece for lefty. No cast off so shot it righty without issues. After Wade passed in 2012 i put it in the safe and hadn't shot it until the other day before posting this.

Incredible piece of maple. 32"x15/16" .36 caliber Green Mountain barrel with peep sight (dove tail also there for rear sight) and just a repurposed 32.5"x7/8" .50 Traditions barrel for hunting/plinking (forearm on .50 is figured wormy maple but not as nice as .36 forearm). I bought it specifically for the heavy .36 target barrel and I've never fired the .50. The .36 is incredibly accurate. Both barrels mirror bores. Barrels change out with one hidden Allen screw and tool included. Rifle almost 10 pounds with the .36 barrel so definitely a target gun. Little under 8 pounds with the .50. LOP 13.25".

To be 100% open and honest, the only bad thing i can say about this gun is the mainspring is just too heavy. Sear bar actually slides horizontally so mainspring pressure directly increases trigger pull. Creates an excessively heavy trigger pull and abuses the nipple. Easy fix, can probably chamfer the sides of the spring to tune it down or make a new spring, but i was afraid of messing up the spring and i just don't have the skills to make a new spring. Included picture of the action to show simplicity of the mainspring. $850 shipped with insurance

20210114_150732.jpg
20210114_150743.jpg
Screenshot_20210118-181235_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210118-181155_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210118-181130_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210118-181211_Gallery.jpg

This is one fine deal.

Not many of Wade's guns come up for sale. First one I have ever seen here and multi-barrel. If I did not have 3 of them, this would be gone.

Some where in my closet I believe I have 2 main springs which he gave me. I'll look to see if I can find them.

For those who do not know, Wade's under hammer action is the only under hammer which is patented.

Thanks FishDFry. Just for clarification its Wade's action but the guy i bought it from certainly gave me the impression he built the rifle, not Wade. I never got to meet him but reading about his harmonica underhammer rifle and underhammer flintlock....he had to be an interesting guy.

Wade was a nice guy, I spent time in his shop and at shoots with him.

The stock work is not Wade's work.

I've had a couple of Wade's pistols over the years and his actions are first class.

Question about this underhammer please. As I am a flintlock guy, I'm a little puzzled by this. What keeps the cap from falling off the nipple?
(Please forgive if my question doesn't belong here in a for-sale listing.)

After talking to a couple of Inghram shooters ive discovered that while mainspring still a little heavy in my opinion for dedicated bench/target work.....by thinning up the shim under the mainspring mounting point to lower the preload on the hammer the trigger is now much lighter and cocks much easier. Hammer still loaded throughtout stroke but feels MUCH better now.

* Pending Face to Face Pickup This Weekend*

Will update if buyer cant make the trip.

Jon,
I found a new 1/4X32 nipple in my UH box with 7/16 threaded end. I think it would work well on your 1 1/8 barrel. Let me know if you want it and send an address.
Mark

Pm'ed you Woodnbow

Mark: I have one too....thanks for offer 👍 (This on an unrelated barrel.....not this rifle for those following thread😉)

Wish the barrels were just the opposite. .32 cal Traditions barrel and .50 Green Mountain barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back