• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

VT wins the NE Flintlock Invitational Shoot! Congratulations!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow, congrats to all those members of the VT Flintlock shooting Team who ruled the day/weekend and kicked butt, taking many of the top single or individual shooter scores, as well as the overall Team Champions! Special congrats to Bruce D. from VT who shot all weekend in significant back pain, yet still placed up top (1st overallI I recall??) of all shooters ... hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't have given him that Advil right before the Team shoot-off, huh? Haha! (Kidding, as I'd help anybody out ...)

Also many thanks to Eric Bye and friends at the Limington Club in Limington, Maine for hosting this annual event! There were 47 registered shooters and Teams represented from Vermont, New Hampshire, New York (our own 'ADK Bigfoot' was there!), Massachusetts and Maine (who also had some top individual shooters).

The events were all shot offhand as follows, 5-shots at each (1 sighter alllowed on the 25Y target,no where else):
  • 25-Yards - 5 black bullseyes, 1 shot at each, 2-3/4" across at the 8-ring, where the 10-ring measures 7/8" across with a 3/8" X
  • 50-Yards - 1 black bullseye 6" across at the 8-ring, where the 10-ring measures 2" across with a 1" X
  • 50-Yards - Standing bear target that is harder to shoot than it looks - see photo ... as there are three separate scoring areas with 10-rings, surrounded by lower scoring areas - HOLD ye windage if you can! The bear itself measures 16" tall from the base of his foot to the top of his ears
  • 100-Yards - 1 red bullseye of 12" across to the 8-ring, where the 10-ring measures 4" across with a 2" X
Of curious interest to me, possibly due to the HOT heat and humidity, but a high score of a 45 or 46 per target, with an X or 2 would have taken each event! Thanks to all present for making it a welcoming and highly enjoyable event ... besides the 95-degree heat and HOTTER with humidity and no breeze!

And with pride I'll mention that MOST of the Mass Team competed in period dress, where not too many other particpants did ... even if one was 'commando' under their linen shirt :ghostly: !

NE1.jpg

NE2.png

NE3.png

NE4.jpg

NE6.jpg

NE5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for coming..first time you ever had a team show up.Our maine shooters choked in the end. came in 3rd.My friend that sponserd it was shakin his head that only 7 shooters from maine showed up.

Thanks for coming..first time you ever had a team show up.Our maine shooters choked in the end. came in 3rd.My friend that sponserd it was shakin his head that only 7 shooters from maine showed up.
Thanks!

… been shooting in the Winter snowshoe MZL biathlons for ~16-years now, at other various MZL Clubs for > almost 30 and yet to be honest - THIS was the 1st year I ever heard of anything like the “New England Flintlock” shoot.

So whomever promotes …. uhhh, well I’ll just leave it UNsaid …

Thanks!

… been shooting in the Winter snowshoe MZL biathlons for ~16-years now, at other various MZL Clubs for > almost 30 and yet to be honest - THIS was the 1st year I ever heard of anything like the “New England Flintlock” shoot.

So whomever promotes …. uhhh, well I’ll just leave it UNsaid …
give me your email and ill add you to a facebook group that has the northeast area shoots..or anyone that wants to find out more events

Back