• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

volunteer vegetables and squash

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimmerstutzen

70 Cal.
Reaction score
My daughter had a pet pig that lived with our sheep. Thought it was a sheep. Well last early last November, a farm stand owner offered her a truck load of free pumpkins and squash. She brought that stuff home and parceled it out to the pig and his fellow sheep. This year we have volunteer pumpkins, squash, gourds etc coming up all over the place. There are a few pumpkins I already picked, some acorn squash growing next to the barn, at the top of the sheep pasture, down in the hollow, even in our back yard where we kept a few sheep for a week before we took them to market. One pumpkin in the back yard is already about 14 inches in diameter and is just starting to turn orange. However, there appears to be no butternut squash. The other volunteers are tomatoes. We had a fair supply of plum tomatoes growing next to the barn as well as some ground cherries which always come up here and there.

So I had a dog that turned out to like cherry tomatoes.

The following season after the dog discovered tomatoes, I had cherry tomato plants coming up in various part of the back yard....,
I never knew that they would "migrate".....,

LD

My boys like to follow me into the kitchen. They have hope that too often works that I will drop something they can grab real quick. But more then once I dropped cherry tomatoes and watch them grab and run. Only to get out in to the living room and drop it with a look of ‘I’ve been had’ on their faces.

Latest posts

Back