Visiting just west of Philly...what to see?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

springfield art

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
If you do go back to Gettysburg, check out Lord Nelson's Gallery for some great art. Also Chambersburg has a M/L gun shop.
Was not aware of the Chambersburg shop; will google it. What is the name?

springfield art

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of good venues pointed out. I lived and worked in Philly over 25 years. I quit working there two years ago,
Please, please be careful.
I worked in W. Phila. 25 yrs., then Old City 15 yrs. Saw the occasional drug buy, but never got shot at or robbed, amazingly.

58 Caliber

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
If you like antiques try Renningers Antiques and Collectors Market in Adamstown., Pa. 2500 N Reading Rd

springfield art

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
If you like antiques try Renningers Antiques and Collectors Market in Adamstown., Pa. 2500 N Reading Rd
Can't find bargains anymore; everyone is "onto" stuff; they see something, send an instant pic to a pal, and anything desirable in Military is harder to find than an honest politician.

JCKelly

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Philly!
There's a great little civil war museum that used to be a civil war veterans hall. Great collections of memorabilia.
It used to be on Pine street but they got a bigger building to show the whole collection
Just don't drink the water

Daryl Crawford

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Jacobsburg and if your going to Lancaster look up the Herr House historic site. Worth the visit to see an 18th C. homestead.

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Cornwall iron furnace is a must see, don't forget Lebanon bologna with your Birch beer.