• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Virginia John Sheetz School

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Tremain

Silversmith in training
Reaction score
My working man's flinter.

All steel, took me less than two months to make.

Gonna take a life time to shoot

Sheetz.jpg

Lock.jpg

LockPlate.jpg

Oh I love the plain Jane workhorses. They don't shine, they don't brag, they just stick to business and and get the job done.
Walnut huh? Is the furniture browned or blued? It's hard to tell in the photo. What caliber? I see you like your rear sight way out there, as do I.
Nice rifle. I'll bet you "made" a friend for life. Bill

:hatsoff: Now that's what I call a fine rifle Plain and functional the way it should be . Great job J.T.
Soggy

Stunning! :bow: :hatsoff:

I still want to build me a long rifle kit from TOTW. Something which will be unique here in SA. :winking:

Very nice - I like the plain working guns too - with all this talent abounding on the board it is a wonder any muzzleloading gunsmith makes any money. :thumbsup:

Unless you are like me - all thumbs - but I can train hunting dogs. :hmm:

undertaker said:
Great Work. :bow:
Tell us a little bit more.Cal. , barrel, lock and so on.

Well Ok, if you all insist.

Barrel:

Made by Rice, 42 inch 1/70 twist, relieved, and swamped 45 cal.

Lock:

Made by Chambers, Late Ketland, modifed by Elves for improved lock time.

Stock:

Tenn Black walnut, 7 coats of tung oil

Triggers:

Made by Davis, Crocket style, small

All funture is iron

All metal has been browned, except the front sight, which is silver.

Everything came as a custom kit from From Bev at Muzzleloader Supplies.
[url] http://www.muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com/[/url]

She did the inleting for the lock, trigger, and swamped barrel. A master craftsman job on all.

Last edited by a moderator:
snowdragon said:
I see you like your rear sight way out there, as do I.

The best part about making your own rifle is you get the sighting picture you need.

Ive never held a rifle more balanced, with clearer sights. But then I used my eyes to set the rear buckhorns :)

Latest posts

Back