• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

vintage S. SWEITNER 54cal half stock any info???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just picked this up at a yard sale today and am wondering if anyone has any info as to maker and age type etc.

Brass trigger guard and butt plate, Iron ram rod thimbles. Still cleaning the bore, measures .54 cal.

Any info appreciated as I did not find anything online, THANKS I can post more/different pictures if needed.

1.jpg

name.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpeg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

That’s the first ML I’ve ever seen with a cheek rest on both sides of the stock. Pretty cool old rifle.

I would repost it in our Firearms Identification section, where others may know.

Last edited:
I saw a half stock mid 1800’s rifle at a pawn shop a couple of years ago with a cheek rest on both sides. Wish I had taken pictures of it.

Back