• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Vintage firearms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I didn't realize I made a post. I'm new to the site but to answer your question. I was thinking of parting with my Henry 58 cal. Buffalo rifle. It was made bye Henry it's in great condition and it can be fired. I just don't know the value the last one I saw go up for auction was in bad condition broken stock and alot of rust.

That's a cool rifle, but if it's not a muzzleloader, it can't be sold here.
If you DO have a muzzleloader that you want to sell, photos are needed, including one with the rifle and a piece of paper with your forum name and the current date.
You're welcome to buy anything shown on the forum, but for selling, there are additional rules.
And you can read about MLs all day long here on the forum.
Lots of good info available here. Good luck.

That's a cool rifle, but if it's not a muzzleloader, it can't be sold here.
If you DO have a muzzleloader that you want to sell, photos are needed, including one with the rifle and a piece of paper with your forum name and the current date.
You're welcome to buy anything shown on the forum, but for selling, there are additional rules.
And you can read about MLs all day long here on the forum.
Lots of good info available here. Good luck.
it's a muzzleloader one of his first ones

it's a muzzleloader one of his first ones
Then, by all means, show us some photos!
Folks will want to know the details. Full length photos, plus close-ups of details.
Barrel length and caliber, length of pull, anything else that's important to describe the rifle.
Any action work? Any blemishes or bad stuff?
Since we can't handle it, we base a decision on the photos and descriptions.
Make us want it!

Don't forget the piece of paper with your name and date.

Last edited:
I hope these are ok

Attachments

• 20230130_182404.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230130_182254.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230130_182414.jpg
    20230130_182414.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230130_182324.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
That's a good start.
And please take my comments as trying to help you date and assess your rifle. I'm not trying to bust your (anything), but folks here generally like lots of photos before giving opinions.
Close-ups of the lock, a shot of the bore with a bore light inside, and, if you want to sell it, the required shot of the rifle with a piece of paper with your forum name and the current date. This shows that you are in actual possession of the rifle. Scammers have been trying to get our money, and we don't like that, so we have tried to come up with a way to derail them.
Good luck with your assessment, and if you choose, with your sale.

That's a good start.
And please take my comments as trying to help you date and assess your rifle. I'm not trying to bust your (anything), but folks here generally like lots of photos before giving opinions.
Close-ups of the lock, a shot of the bore with a bore light inside, and, if you want to sell it, the required shot of the rifle with a piece of paper with your forum name and the current date. This shows that you are in actual possession of the rifle. Scammers have been trying to get our money, and we don't like that, so we have tried to come up with a way to derail them.
Good luck with your assessment, and if you choose, with your sale.
Thank you for your help

Back