• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Victoria Tx area ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would that I could. My Dad was from Cuero, and I almost was allowed to buy the family homestead.

Well hopefully I can find a club of nice folks.

Hell, maybe I need to see if anyone else around victoria shoots and start a club.
I taught at Smith Elementary there in Victoria. I never did find a muzzleloader club but I haven't been back since 2013, things may have changed. I suggest that you head over to Goliad and check out the mission there. This was the site of a significant point in the Texas revolution in which the Mexican Army slaughtered hundreds of Texians prior to the Alamo siege. A great read on it is Slaughter at Goliad.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/goliad
https://presidiolabahia.org/upcoming-events-1

The Texas Free Trappers have a rendezvous coming up, 50 miles from Victoria in Shiner. I will attempt to send you the flyer in a private message but I can't seem to post it here.

You can also contact Jack Simons for more info; [email protected]

Attachments

• Rendezvous Map 2021.jpg
    Rendezvous Map 2021.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
The Texas Association of Buckskinners has had multiple rendezvous in the area over the last 40+ years. The Shiner site mentioned by William O. was the site of the 1998 Southwestern Regional Rendezvous . The TAB Deep Winter rendezvous Jan. 28-30 is just a couple miles nw of Victoria in Nursery. New site. Send me a PM with your email for info.

If you are looking for target shooting clubs, best place to look is the Charter Clubs on the NMLRA website.

The Texas Association of Buckskinners has had multiple rendezvous in the area over the last 40+ years. The Shiner site mentioned by William O. was the site of the 1998 Southwestern Regional Rendezvous . The TAB Deep Winter rendezvous Jan. 28-30 is just a couple miles nw of Victoria in Nursery. New site. Send me a PM with your email for info.

If you are looking for target shooting clubs, best place to look is the Charter Clubs on the NMLRA website.

Howdy rp77469
Thanks for the post and info. I'll shoot a PM to ya.

Sorry I'm late but I somehow missed seeing this thread. I'm from Bee County and I'm pretty sure we have a member in Woodsboro (Refugio County)

Oh and I'm terribly sorry I missed out on that TAB Rendezvous in Nursery. Got in-laws who live there. I'm still puzzled how I missing this thread.for a month?

Howdy, sorry for not keeping up with this thread. Bee county and refugio, man that's great. Y,all have any get togethers or shoots ?
We haven't yet. I'm not real active at present. Got another "project going on". I'm a tad busy. But that don't mean we won't.(someday)

I second the Texas Free Trapper and getting on Jack Simons email list. I have attended their "big" event in Shiner and also some shoots they have more toward Hill Country. Good people that are helpful and tolerant.

Do you have a shotgun - are you a bird hunter? I go through Victoria on the way to my club every week, or on the way to Woodcock Camp. I'm the only MLer but the club now offers a "vintage" shoot where the orange is not required and I give a ML shotgun lesson and let them borrow some ML smoothbores. Very few people have participated, but a lot of questions and interest.

After winter I may go back to NC. I'm a two -state dweller....

Back