Victoria Tx area ?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Wizzard1962

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well hopefully I can find a club of nice folks.

Hell, maybe I need to see if anyone else around victoria shoots and start a club.

Meggadeath

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Would that I could. My Dad was from Cuero, and I almost was allowed to buy the family homestead.

William O.

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well hopefully I can find a club of nice folks.

Hell, maybe I need to see if anyone else around victoria shoots and start a club.
I taught at Smith Elementary there in Victoria. I never did find a muzzleloader club but I haven't been back since 2013, things may have changed. I suggest that you head over to Goliad and check out the mission there. This was the site of a significant point in the Texas revolution in which the Mexican Army slaughtered hundreds of Texians prior to the Alamo siege. A great read on it is Slaughter at Goliad.

William O.

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The Texas Free Trappers have a rendezvous coming up, 50 miles from Victoria in Shiner. I will attempt to send you the flyer in a private message but I can't seem to post it here.

You can also contact Jack Simons for more info; [email protected]

Attachments

Last edited:

rp77469

Pilgrim
Reaction score
The Texas Association of Buckskinners has had multiple rendezvous in the area over the last 40+ years. The Shiner site mentioned by William O. was the site of the 1998 Southwestern Regional Rendezvous . The TAB Deep Winter rendezvous Jan. 28-30 is just a couple miles nw of Victoria in Nursery. New site. Send me a PM with your email for info.

If you are looking for target shooting clubs, best place to look is the Charter Clubs on the NMLRA website.

Wizzard1962

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The Texas Association of Buckskinners has had multiple rendezvous in the area over the last 40+ years. The Shiner site mentioned by William O. was the site of the 1998 Southwestern Regional Rendezvous . The TAB Deep Winter rendezvous Jan. 28-30 is just a couple miles nw of Victoria in Nursery. New site. Send me a PM with your email for info.

If you are looking for target shooting clubs, best place to look is the Charter Clubs on the NMLRA website.
Howdy rp77469
Thanks for the post and info. I'll shoot a PM to ya.