• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Veteran arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone dealt with them. I saw they have muskets at good prices.I wonder what the catch is. Any feedback would be great.
Simonbeans is correct. There are many discussions that involve that company, either topics based on them or topics on India made guns un general.
I personally will absolutely not buy one for reasons stated in a couple of those posts. Nothing to do with guns mad in India, everything to do with how I've seen/read about customers being treated, including posts by the company owner/representative here on this forum. These may not be good reasons for some people and that's okay.

I'm not sure if putting, Veteran Arms in the search feature as "Veteran Arms" using quotation marks like that will help your search.

Simonbeans is correct. There are many discussions that involve that company, either topics based on them or topics on India made guns un general.
I personally will absolutely not buy one for reasons stated in a couple of those posts. Nothing to do with guns mad in India, everything to do with how I've seen/read about customers being treated, including posts by the company owner/representative here on this forum. These may not be good reasons for some people and that's okay.

I'm not sure if putting, Veteran Arms in the search feature as "Veteran Arms" using quotation marks like that will help your search.
Yes this is why I asked. I can search but I like to hear it from the horses mouth lol. I am not crazy about pedersoli however they do a better job than most others. Thanks again

Doing some research on those is what brought me to this forum, I lurked long before I joined. Here is a fairly recent and lengthy thread on them I found interesting. While I was looking for a military smoothbore musket to use as a shotgun after pondering the back and forth, I went another route.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/...lica-1766-charleville-infantry-musket.150706/
This thread is new enough the snootier types on here probably won't moan too much if someone starts it back up with a new post.

Yes this is why I asked. I can search but I like to hear it from the horses mouth lol. I am not crazy about pedersoli however they do a better job than most others. Thanks again
Veteran arms gets the muskets from India. They are hand made from teak wood. Veteran Arms tunes the lock, sands the wood, and stains it to look like walnut. Touch hole is drilled. They are guns that can be shot. They are perfectly safe. 11 bang bang on youtube tests how strong the barrel is. After not being able to blow up the barrel using hundreds of gr of black powder he does a 1000 gr 4f charge with 3 balls. It distorted the end of the barrel but shot the balls. Veteran arms from what I hear stands behind their work. If you don't like the gun you can send it back.

Has anyone dealt with them. I saw they have muskets at good prices.I wonder what the catch is. Any feedback would be great.
Veteran and loyalist use the same builder in India. Of the Indian builders the product produced is better than the competition. Loyalist is in Canada whereas Veteran is US. Veteran stands behind the locks they tune and will resolve any issues. Loyalist has the possible complication of shipping internationally to a new woke Canada. There are cheaper alternatives but you will end up doing the work yourself or paying far more than the difference in price.

I would hand select one you’re able too. If not I would go to loyalist arms, Loyalist arms are very nice folks a pleasure to deal with.

Personally I’d look elsewhere for an American or Italian made gun.

Latest posts

Back