• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Very stupid, very lucky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right, he was very lucky. That could have been deadly. The worst was with the old H&R and New England unmentionables. Some people thought those companies used the same steel on the their muzzleloaders as they used on their cartridge guns. They were wrong and some found out the hard way.

Some people make the mistake that black powder being an "explosive" and smokeless powder not classified as one, that the black is more dangerous. Wrong.

Also confusion was lent to the issue when one or two of the big makers made "bolt action" style front loaders that could use smokeless.

Not smart what he did and he was lucky. With as much as this gets drummed on out there you would think people would listen..., but then,..they are people.

I do a small bit of reloading for unmentionables. No way would I want a smokeless front stuffer. Just too many ways to go wrong. I'll bet more than one of us have double charged a muzzleloader with black. What would happen if that was smokeless in a so called safe for smokeless gun?

You overcharge a BP gun by 5 gr. and your pressure climbs from 15,000 to 18,000 psi. Do that near max loads in a cartridge gun with the wrong powder and your pressure goes from 50,000 to 100,000.

Who taught that fool how to hold a rifle anyway?

I'm sorry, but after over 20 years in the firearms industry (I started before I started doing cardiology work), as an instructor, sales person, a range officer on a public range, it pains me to say it, but, gun owners are our own worst enemy. I constantly see examples of gun owners and pro-2A people being the biggest arguments for gun control out there.

Tired of stupid asses like this.

Latest posts

Back