• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Very frustrated..need advice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the same way, I've fixed guns myself that probably should have been sent back
there is no better way to become intimately familiar with your gun and its working.
i am the kind of masochist that the first thing i do is reduce the gun to parts and pieces. maybe thats why i have drawers full of parts!:D

There’s lots of possibilities it doesn’t work correctly. Without knowing the nomenclature it would be hard for me to explain everything to check. I had that happen to my Traditions pistol, the trip arm, leg thingamagig was bent up and the trip wasn’t reaching it. I put the lock on a protected vise and cocked it, pushed the leg up and it wouldn’t budge. The spring was dragging real bad. The sear notch was also not releasing it. I disassembled the whole thing, got some medium sandpaper and finished it off with Arkansas stone. Got the new leg part and everything works smooth. The leg got bent up where the trip was hitting it. I tried tapping it back down but it broke off. No biggie I already had the replacement. You can also set the tension on the trip. And last, if it’s releasing the trip and not hitting the leg. You’ll have to inlet the triggers some more or make sure they are all the way in.
If you don’t send it back, don’t give up. You can start there. I know the frustration. Once you understand how it all works you can troubleshoot it.
Thanks. It seems to be OK now. In about 8 hours of getting advice, fiddling with it, and figuring it out I went from a newbie Hawken owner to an "expert". Lol. Yes, understanding is the key.

Back