• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

verbruggen tube id

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalmechanic

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings
I am presently in possession of a bronze tube, ~4" bore with the following markings:
Breach band: I&P Verbruggen Fecerunt Ao (anno) J776
Breach face (vertical surface) 1:3:11
Right trunion: 4 brackedted under the horizontal line M B
Left trunion: No.5
Tube: Broad arrow
The tube has very little damage, the carriage needs some love.
As far as I can tell, this is an unregistered piece.I'd like to know if it is original and a ball park value.
The kit is complete with all the tools save a bucket.
Can I post pics by attaching files?
Many thanks
Larry

Greetings
I am presently in possession of a bronze tube, ~4" bore with the following markings: yes you can
As far as I can tell, this is an unregistered piece.I'd like to know if it is original and a ball park value.
Many thanks
Larry

Wheres the pics?

I thought all the light verbruggens were 3 pounders with slightly less than 3 inch bores. Hmm

Greetings
I am presently in possession of a bronze tube, ~4" bore with the following markings:
Many thanks
Larry
you will have more responses if you start your own posting..... piggy backing on my post might not be seen as much. good luck with it

sorry I thought this was on my post. please disregard my blathering I'm an idiot

Well i answered my own question. The verbruggens made 6 pounders and 12s and all kinds.

Still like to see pics from the OP though, sounds like a great cannon and be neat to see.

Wheres it located and are you trying to sell it?

More I nfo
The tube was cast in a NY foundry whos name escapes me, around albany ny. the co has changed hands but still casts bronze. The foundrmans name is on the trunion.
It is a 4 pounder, cast in mid 70's, purloined, sold for scrap then saved. The carriage is built in the 18thC style but needs some TLC
Greg Webster owns it now.
Larry

You said it has a 4 inch bore? A 9 pounder is 4.2 so wouldnt this be like 7 or 8 pounder?

Back