• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Utah Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is gonna make some guy an awesome mate! mine wont shoot "pretty" things but we have tried for years to draw a turkey tag...yer doing well! Lucky family all around.

As for the "Utah" response....Ever ask a Navajo where thy go hunting or wood cutting? Only race I ever seen that points with there lips! HA

I have 4 kids. The oldest is 12 and she has been going with me since she could walk. She has been very outdoorsy her whole life.

My 2nd daughter loves the outdoors but she hasn’t been ready to leave Mom until recently. 99.9% of the time, we stay together as a family on our adventures, but I personally think it is important for parents to make sure each child gets high quality 1 on 1 solo time with their parents once in a while as well.

My 9 year old asked a few months ago if she could go hunting with me and I told her my Utah buck hunt this year would just be us.

The story is too long to properly share and I’d never be able to convey what it truly meant for both of us. I’m just going to leave a couple pics here and let them do the talking. Hopefully.

I used my TC . 54 Hawken, 100 gr. Swiss 2f, 450 gr self cast Lyman Plains bullet.

We hunted right from camp and saw 12 bucks on our first hunt. We got to 80 yards from this guy and his buddy. I only had a neck shot but I was solid and knew I could make it. We are cutting him up for the freezer today.

View attachment 165827View attachment 165828View attachment 165829View attachment 165830View attachment 165831View attachment 165832View attachment 165833View attachment 165834

Thanks for following along,

Todd

Great pics and story. Nice shot to as an 80 yard neck shot isn't a gimme. My daughter started out fishing with me and progressed into a very good hunter. Hoping to get her out again next year. Nice parenting on display there.

Latest posts

Back