• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

USPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have several tickets open with the Post Office right now for undelivered mail and parcels over the last few months.

Oldest is for some lead that was shipped from Utah on 11/30/20. It's somewhere between Utah and Maryland, just shy of 6 weeks.

I'm done shipping any parcels thru the Post Office. Both Fedex and UPS ground service has been delivering in about 3 days on average.

Recent orders delivered by USPS. Willys shifter knob from New York took a month to get here. Rifle from California took a week. Box of cigars from Pennsynvania, three days. Sent a barrel to Florida, was returned to me in a week, damaged. Placed the barrel in a plastic tube with secure ends and shipped again but Fedex.

Last edited:
I think the election messed things up between delivering candidate junk mail and ballots, it overwhelmed the system. Then theres' covid...........

COVID and the election are no excuse. Private companies have had to and dealt with the Wu Flu too. for the most part, the crush of the election was over 2 months ago. The election was something of an excuse up until it happened, and Christmas mail is but a fraction of what it was 20 years ago. They have known about the seasonality of year-end mail increases forever.

The greater issue has to do with the unaccountability of government for their actions. With postal delivery there happens to be private market alternatives, but that is not so when it comes to things like services at the DMV. You think our complaints about the USPS are bad? Just imagine if the government tried to compete with the private airline industry?

Just talked to people at Pecatonica. They are now using FEDEX shipping. My order was shipped via USPS. As per tracking it was shipped from Shirland, Illinois on 12/10. Arrived at hub in Elk Grove, Ill. on 12/26 and still sitting there. Pecatonica said to wait a week and if still a no show they will reship the order by Fedex.

I ordered a book from England on Dec 1st. Still not here 5-weeks later. The vendor will not provide a tracking number. I will call the credit card company and investigated reversing the charges.

No more USPS ever, I'm done.

When there was the Pony Express, (which was a private mail service) the cost to mail a 1/2 oz letter was $5, the equivalent of $130 today. Riders were paid $100 / mo, when the average wage at the time was $0.43-$1.00 / day. When you think about USPS charges, the cost of a $0.55 stamp to mail a letter from Maine to Hawaii, (and you get up to 3 1/2 oz. at that price) is a real bargain. That same 3 1/2 oz piece of junk mail would cost $900 by Pony Express rates!

Personally I think the USPS is doing the best they can with what they have

We had officers elections at the club a few weeks ago. The VP had the names and positions we were voting on on a dry erase board and was putting down the number of votes each person received. Treasures position was voted on twice because it was so close.

One person didn't vote for any one he sat there with a stupid look on his face. This person knew we were voting on officers that night I know three other people besides my self that told him when he showed up. This is also one of the people that complains the most to my self and others that he dosen't like the way things are going.

I asked why he didn't vote for at least the people he was told by a few of us that were trying to straighten out some of the things he didn't like.

His answer was I didn't know what was going on. He was serious he told others this.
This man retired from a management position at the USPS a couple of years ago.

Look at the bright side they at least do something once in a wile for our tax dollars. They could be on welfare.

If you have USPS tracking and file a "where's my mail" on their website, they tend to find it within a couple of days...........so far. However, they haven't honored claims for broken stocks lately.

Took to paying my bills using my bank's online system. Payments that are eft's never a problem.
But when my bank mails a physical check for me because the recipient does not have electronic banking capability things have gone awry. But I have much more credibility when my big regional bank says look fella. We mailed it on date X. And when you have one of these problems the bank, or my bank, does go to bat for you.

I oredered a barrel from Pecatonica. According to Tracking it shipped on Dec. 10. Still a no show. It's been a month. Anyone else having these issues?
I had a New England fowler made by @rich pierce that was lost in the mail for over a month. I sadly wrote it off as dead until one day Rich re-discovered it on the tracking feature. It showed up safe and sound. Regardless, USPS is ridiculous. Covid is one thing, but losing something the size of a coffin for over a month is absurd. I am sure your stuff will turn up!

I don't know. I still think USPS is a great deal For 55 cents you can get a letter from your door to anywhere in this country. I just sent two custom kitchen knives to my niece. USPS by Thursday for less than 8 bucks. The same package from Fedex was going to be more than 15 AND she had to go to a center to get it, not her front door.
The problem with the USPS is the latest push by the administration to gut it.

I saw Elk Grove, Illinois mentioned above. That's where my order seemed to stall out, but don't give up. I just got at email that it should get to me today--three weeks after it arrived at Elk Grove. I've heard Denver, CO is a place for mail to stall out also. That was my experience once and my rural carrier mentioned it also.
Most of the time USPS is good. I've mailed a bow from Oklahoma to Ohio and had it arrive in a day or two.

Latest posts

Back