• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

USPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brought a rifle last week on this site.seller shipped usps.it was 100 miles from me Sat. Checked yesterday and they had shipped to distribution center 600 miles in opposite direction.

Brought a rifle last week on this site.seller shipped usps.it was 100 miles from me Sat. Checked yesterday and they had shipped to distribution center 600 miles in opposite direction.
That has been my experience several times as well, with packages going to cities a hundred miles in the wrong direction. Most of the time it's been a good transaction but not all.

Waiting on un-mentionable brass ordered on Dec. 8th contacted the vendor said it was shipped, and whished me good luck. Something to ponder a pony express rider could deliver the mail from one coast to the other in a few days or maybe a week, maybe they should go back to horses.
The problem is that no one makes a big enough mask for the horses.

I remember sending in cereal box tops sometime in the 1960s to a Battle Creek Michigan company for a submarine. Hasn’t been delivered yet, but I hold out hope. I’ve moved, but my mother is still at the same address. The bathtub is ready when it arrives.
I had one of those subs in the late 50's! My Mom has been at the same address for 62 years so after the post office gets thru the mounds of mail and reach the bottom of the bottom of the pile they may still send all all my missing box top stuff there and your Sub may show up at your Mom's.

When there was the Pony Express, (which was a private mail service) the cost to mail a 1/2 oz letter was $5, the equivalent of $130 today. Riders were paid $100 / mo, when the average wage at the time was $0.43-$1.00 / day. When you think about USPS charges, the cost of a $0.55 stamp to mail a letter from Maine to Hawaii, (and you get up to 3 1/2 oz. at that price) is a real bargain. That same 3 1/2 oz piece of junk mail would cost $900 by Pony Express rates!
Yeah but with very few exceptions your local mail carrier is not likely to get scalped on route.

Finally received my barrel. I'm hearing of many people finally getting things posted a month or more ago. Seems things are clearing up for the USPS, funny how that works.
Robby

Finally received my barrel. I'm hearing of many people finally getting things posted a month or more ago. Seems things are clearing up for the USPS, funny how that works.
Robby
I'm glad that you finally got it! Yes, it looks like things are clearing up with USPS but . . . UPS & FEDEX will be my go to shipper from now on.

Being a government sponsored agency, they are basically unaccountable for their performance. At least we have private market alternatives for this sort of thing (shipping). For other services (such as licensing and permit issuances) we do not and legally can not.

One beef I have with government agencies where the bottom line is not a consideration is their spending of resources (for advertising and marketing) to compete directly against private industry in the same space, while they enjoy all the benefits and advantages of government sponsorship (taxes, building codes, FICA withholding, P&L considerations, insurance etc.).

Last edited:
I mailed a MO 10 days ago from Az to Md. and it hasn't gotten there yet. Also mailed a check to the muzzleloader magazine for a subscription a couple of months ago and haven't heard anything from them. Don't know if they got the check, but if they did, two months to send a magazine isn't very good service. Seems everything is slow except our willingness to send mail.

Back