USPS increase AGAIN!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmel

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Two feathers: I get your point, but I havent seen $2.00 gas or 69 cent dozen eggs in about 30 years. But yeah, I do beleive THOSE prices will go down (who knows HOW much) if a conservative pres is elected (Ooops, went political after all)

Two Feathers

58 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Ooooops: Me too! :~)))
Yeah, I can't say how much either, but I know (in my heart) that it'll be a significant amount to where we can afford to survive. I didn't say "live". I said survive? But I'm pretty sure I won't still be paying $5.00 or $7.00 a gal. for gas or $8.00 a gal. for home heating oil? Our son has a big 2020 Dodge Ram Diesel pickup and he lives 20 miles from his job. It coasts him $200.00 a week to go to work! So right off the bat he's $200.00 in the hole before he even pays his bills! That's just WRONG!!!!
I NEVER meant for this to be a political post in any manner. But sometimes things just escalate due to forces beyond ones control, sorry!
Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Reaction score
Look folks. This aint new. When gas went WAY up under Barrack, UPS rates went up. But when gas went WAY back down a year or so later, and stayed that way for a few years, UPS didnt lower thier rates: Go figure. Not a political post, its only that UPS wants $$$

If you didnt know it, drivers, the ones that deliver at your door, pay thier senior drivers at almost 100K a year and thier ret packages are incredibily lucrative. They are in the same boat as GM. In the 60's, 70s and 80s, GM had the higest paid workers nd thier ret packages across the board were high paying: And both are paying the price today, as well as us

You gotta float the greed boat
I remember when everyone wanted a post office job, now they have a "Help Wanted " sign on the door. But on the positive side, I did make an inquiry about my rifle and I received a telephone call everyday from them until it was delivered ( and it was the same person updating me on its status).

Reaction score
Two feathers: I get your point, but I havent seen $2.00 gas or 69 cent dozen eggs in about 30 years. But yeah, I do beleive THOSE prices will go down (who knows HOW much) if a conservative pres is elected (Ooops, went political after all)
I seen those prices pre-biden here in East TN.

Two Feathers

58 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
I remember when everyone wanted a post office job, now they have a "Help Wanted " sign on the door. But on the positive side, I did make an inquiry about my rifle and I received a telephone call everyday from them until it was delivered ( and it was the same person updating me on its status).
MAN...you get better service than we do. Our PO won't even answer their phone when someone calls?
I've been at the counter and listened to the phone ring for 15 minutes until the automated system hung up on the caller!
Two Feathers

Surfinator58

40 Cal
Reaction score
I just read an article where FedEx and UPS are both requiring a special dealer's license for anyone who sends firearms through them in quantities less than 20 or so guns annually this is too allow them to charge for second day air on all firearms shipments and the Democrats love it because it wipes out all Private Sales

Two Feathers

58 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
I just read an article where FedEx and UPS are both requiring a special dealer's license for anyone who sends firearms through them in quantities less than 20 or so guns annually this is too allow them to charge for second day air on all firearms shipments and the Democrats love it because it wipes out all Private Sales
Sounds like "the plan?"
Watch the original version of Red Dawn with Patrick Swayze from the 1984. That lays out a lot of the plans for our 2nd. amendment's future. It's a great movie too.
Two Feathers

Surfinator58

40 Cal
Reaction score
Surfinator58:
Wolverines? Lost me there?
Oui, en effet, Petit a petit l'oiseau fait sont nid
God bless:
Two Feathers
Sorry Wolverines was a reference to the name they gave themselves Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen

Reaction score
Howdy folks:
Just a heads up. The lady at the PO informed me today, that as of Oct. 1st. there will be and increase in the cost of shipping packages for the holidays? Yeah...right. I heard that last year, and after the "holidays" the prices never went back down!?
Just letting y'all know so there's no surprises when your purchases cost a bit more soon.
Take care and stay safe.
God bless:
Two Feathers
These shipping companies all have to pay for the higher priced gas and diesel!

Reaction score
kelljp:
I've never tried the online quote thing. I'm probably not smart enough to figure out how to use it?
Yep, ya' gotta' watch out for those hidden charges, they'll kill ya.' every time. That's why I ship small things? :~))))

One of my complaints (like Buffalo Bones said) is when I send a letter, bill, etc. to the other end of town and it goes 2 states away for a week, THEN comes back here for delivery? I guess that's how the USPS justifies their spending, because I can't find any other reasons, aside from the ridiculous retirement package and salaries the employees get for doing nothing? I've never seen a lazier bunch of humans than those who work at our local PO?
My other favorite excuse is; each postal facility blames the next one down the line for delays in delivery.. Every time I ship something that gets delayed, our local PO blames Lehigh Valley, that's the next stop after it leaves here. Pass the buck, best game ever, until the computer came along? Now that poor machine gets blamed for EVERYTHING? :dunno: :thumb: :thumb:o_O
Two Feathers
All mail has to go thru a central processing facility as every piece is PHOTOGRAPHED with high speed machinery; this goes back to the "poison letter" of some years back that had some hazardous stuff in it. Now every letter is photographed front and back and the PO is working on methods of marking stamps so that they can be traced back to the very PO where it was sold. Safety of the mails is very important!

Reaction score
Man, you guys crack me up! It's not a Lefty or Righty issue, it's a Professional Politician issue. Term limits, no professional lobbying and no restrictions to IG investigations and require action on IG findings. And yes I still believe in Santa, even if he is stepping out with the Tooth Fairy.
We have a great local PO here in SE Alaska. I have been using the online shipping feature at USPS.COM for many years. Fill in the information, pick your PO package size and extras (signature service etc) and print your label. Slap it on the box drop it off or schedule a pickup. Done! Doesn't fit in a PO provided box? No problem! Use the same shipping page and put in the ACCURATE box measurements and print out the label. Once you have purchased your label use the tracking number to, well, track! Email the tracking number to your recipient and they can sign up for notifications and get texts or emails to track progress.
The competition uses the PO for the delivery of a large number of the small packages last steps.
Here at our Summer place our USP & FEDEX have limited hours for sending and purchasing or dropping off packages. A small Priority mail box with 28 one pound lead ingots, $8.95 at the PO. The other guys tell you to take a hike! Kinda rude don't you think?

Two Feathers

58 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Sorry Wolverines was a reference to the name they gave themselves Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen
Surfinator58:
Ohhhh, now I get it, sorry. It's been a few years since I saw it last. Thank you. GREAT movie in any event. I highly recommend it to every member who has never seen it, BUT they have to watch the original 1984 version. I tried watching the new 2012 version. It has the same pretext and content, but without the original cast it just didn't have the same impact?
You know what they say. The remake is NEVER as good as the original! I do agree with that in some instances, but not all.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Two Feathers

58 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Man, you guys crack me up! It's not a Lefty or Righty issue, it's a Professional Politician issue. Term limits, no professional lobbying and no restrictions to IG investigations and require action on IG findings. And yes I still believe in Santa, even if he is stepping out with the Tooth Fairy.
We have a great local PO here in SE Alaska. I have been using the online shipping feature at USPS.COM for many years. Fill in the information, pick your PO package size and extras (signature service etc) and print your label. Slap it on the box drop it off or schedule a pickup. Done! Doesn't fit in a PO provided box? No problem! Use the same shipping page and put in the ACCURATE box measurements and print out the label. Once you have purchased your label use the tracking number to, well, track! Email the tracking number to your recipient and they can sign up for notifications and get texts or emails to track progress.
The competition uses the PO for the delivery of a large number of the small packages last steps.
Here at our Summer place our USP & FEDEX have limited hours for sending and purchasing or dropping off packages. A small Priority mail box with 28 one pound lead ingots, $8.95 at the PO. The other guys tell you to take a hike! Kinda rude don't you think?
Pirate's Son:
Thank you for your input. I used the scheduled home pickup service during the height of the Pandemic. Did NOT like it due to the lag in online tracking info. That's just me, I'm an antsy guy. I want it RIGHT NOW.:~)))) I use the Flat Rate boxes any time I can? I like, that "if it fits it ships for one price" concept. My problem is...the prices just keep going UP!! But the service NEVER changes! :~((((( It has always seemed (to me at least) that if you're willing to pay more, you should get better service? But that doesn't seem to be the case?
Blessings:
Two Feathers

Johnny Tremain

Silversmith in training
Reaction score
Sorry brother, ya.' lost me with that one?
Two Feathers
The UPS is installing cameras and mics in the trucks to monitor the drivers, many have left, there is now a shortage of drivers, and the rest are being over worked. Thats what our UPS guy confirmed, and I saw an article online.

I miss read the UPS vs USPS.
The USPS needs more money because they replaced electric trucks with gas ones because the electric ones do not work ever where.
We are still charging $7.50 for a small flat rate, eating 75 cents an order currently.
This new rate will force us to charge more or eat more.

Breaking the back of small business.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Howdy folks:
Just a heads up. The lady at the PO informed me today, that as of Oct. 1st. there will be and increase in the cost of shipping packages for the holidays? Yeah...right. I heard that last year, and after the "holidays" the prices never went back down!?
Just letting y'all know so there's no surprises when your purchases cost a bit more soon.
Take care and stay safe.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I'm not sure I've ever seen a price go down... 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦🙄

Two Feathers

58 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
The UPS is installing cameras and mics in the trucks to monitor the drivers, many have left, there is now a shortage of drivers, and the rest are being over worked. Thats what our UPS guy confirmed, and I saw an article online.
Oh...OK. I did not know that, thank you. My issue is with the USPS, not UPS? I have no problem with them and FedEx.
Two Feathers

colimr

40 Cal
Reaction score
The USPS needs more money because they replaced electric trucks with gas ones because the electric ones do not work ever where.
My mail carrier said if they make him drive an electric their going to send a mechanic EVERY day because he will burn it out every day He has a huge route often fills in for vacationed carriers and very often gets our mail here around 5:30 -6:00 pm when 2 years ago it was 10:30 -11:00 am .He and his wife are two of the most honest and reliable carriers I have known.

Status
Not open for further replies.