• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uses for "pine" sap?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live in the midst of several different kinds of conifers as well as birches/aspen, maple/sugar maple and many other kinds of trees. In former years, I did a lot of wood-cutting and splitting for firewood - not conifers. I have used the sap from pine, especially the Jack Pine on my hands to better my grip on axe and mall handles. Love the scent as well.
I wonder, what uses our forebears likely made of tree saps, other than sugar-making with the maple and, less so, the birches.

I have read that some of the mountain men used the sap from lodge pole pines as a very strong astringent gum. It was chewed as a treat. I have tried it, and I must say it is very very strong. It will definitely clear your sinuses.

pine pollen, pine cone tea, and pine sap raises the testoserone level of any one who uses it.it is the only supplement that does. im almost 80 years old and took a testoserone level last winter. it came back perfectly normal. why, pine pollen, one teaspoon mixed in a glass of wine every day. works well for women also as testoserone in women makes them very very in the mood. they wont grow a mustache either. been around as a supplement since the 1700/s and it works.

Melted and mixed with equal volumes of ground charcoal and ground deer droppings it makes a strong filler-adhesive or hot glue.

I have never done it, not seen it done. So this is a ‘heard around the campfire story. I understand pine sap can be cooked down and then mixed with alcohol or turpentine and used as ‘pine tar’ or ‘spar varnish’.

I live in the midst of several different kinds of conifers as well as birches/aspen, maple/sugar maple and many other kinds of trees. In former years, I did a lot of wood-cutting and splitting for firewood - not conifers. I have used the sap from pine, especially the Jack Pine on my hands to better my grip on axe and mall handles. Love the scent as well.
I wonder, what uses our forebears likely made of tree saps, other than sugar-making with the maple and, less so, the birches.
Processed pine created pitch or tar, which was used as a wood preservative and was a major product of the Carolinas in colonial times. The pitch was used to waterproof the wooden boats of the time. A nickname for sailors was ‘tars’ because of the pitch or tar used tended to get everywhere. It’s use on rope stained hands, was on clothes, etc.

And although I am a transplant to North Carolina, who hasn’t heard of the Tar Heels? Or the controversial used of Pine Tar in Major League Baseball?

"Tars", as a nickname for sailors; I was told, long ago, that Royal Navy sailors used tar to keep their ques bound. ?
That and straw hats that were painted in tar, and black hands as rope was tarred. Lightly on working ropes(running rigging) or tarred black on lines rarely moved that acted as guy lines( standing rigging...stays) so hands turned black. Much of the ships were painted in black tar that bleed on to clothing and skin where and when ever touched.

That and straw hats that were painted in tar, and black hands as rope was tarred. Lightly on working ropes(running rigging) or tarred black on lines rarely moved that acted as guy lines( standing rigging...stays) so hands turned black. Much of the ships were painted in black tar that bleed on to clothing and skin where and when ever touched.
Surely those descriptions cannot be true, 'cause in the movies ... ;)

pine pollen, pine cone tea, and pine sap raises the testoserone level of any one who uses it.it is the only supplement that does. im almost 80 years old and took a testoserone level last winter. it came back perfectly normal. why, pine pollen, one teaspoon mixed in a glass of wine every day. works well for women also as testoserone in women makes them very very in the mood. they wont grow a mustache either. been around as a supplement since the 1700/s and it works.

I don't know bob, sounds like a little BS, where do you get pine pollen in winter time? White or Red? Knock at my door.

juice jaws with all the years of college behind me i did a lot of classes on biochemistry. where do i get pine pollen in the winter. the same place i get it in the summer. from a co. on the internet. i dont care if you believe me or not, thats you problem. not mine, ever see a 80 year old man with a normal testosterone level. hardly, i have one and with all the benifits that go with it. never take it in the evening, i always take it in the morning before a work out. i put real info out their, if it benifits one person then ive done something good. i take offence at you using the word bs. could have used a better one. come to the gym with me, you wont keep up.

juice jaws with all the years of college behind me i did a lot of classes on biochemistry. where do i get pine pollen in the winter. the same place i get it in the summer. from a co. on the internet. i dont care if you believe me or not, thats you problem. not mine, ever see a 80 year old man with a normal testosterone level. hardly, i have one and with all the benifits that go with it. never take it in the evening, i always take it in the morning before a work out. i put real info out their, if it benifits one person then ive done something good. i take offence at you using the word bs. could have used a better one. come to the gym with me, you wont keep up.
Bet this stuff keeps the ladyfolks at the rest home on their toes.
upload_2019-5-9_12-39-27.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-9_12-38-21.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-9_12-38-21.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 113

hey bod take it easy don't get your featers in a ruff, just kinda sound way out there just my thoughts on the pine pollen bet oak pollen be stonger.

Latest posts

Back