• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Useful Ideas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncNZ

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Maybe this has been done before , I thought we could start a list of useful ideas .eg:
I have glued a couple of magnets inside a compartment of my shooting box ( Fishing tackle box ) I take to the range . If I have to take a lock apart or remove any sort of screw I just drop it on the magnet and it is easy to find and hard to loose.
I see plenty of discussion on muzzle loading range rods . You don't need a special ML rod , any rifle rod for .270 or .30 and up which is threaded 8-32 or 10-32 can be used for muzzle loaders when fitted with a bore guide and the appropriate jag .
If you eat Christmas mince pies which come in little aluminum foil dishes , keep the dishes and use them for mixing epoxy etc..
Use olive oil , not petroleum based oil on your hunting knife blade or butchers blades , remember you are preparing food with that knife.
Sharpen your knife before you need it .
Carry a long boot lace when you are hunting , they come in handy for all sorts of things and in my experience hold knots better than paracord .
Rub bees wax on your boot laces , It helps to stop them working loose .

Using the plastic tubes that horse wormer comes in for premeasured powder charges, making paper shot cartridges for smooth bores,, Using empty shoe polish tins to keep varius items in, they are water proof and have the handy little lever to open with.

Back