• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD USA CVA Mountain Rifle .45 Caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

40 Cal
Reaction score
I bought this Old Rifle New in the Box a few years ago, Looking for a new home as i just don’t shoot it. Rifle will ship in it’s original Box. This is an Old USA Stamped Rifle, 4 Screw Patch Box, Square Thimbles, Pewter Nose Cap. Rifle is in excellent Condition, like new. It has 1 small hole in the Wrist that i drilled to mount a Peep sight, can easily be filled and blended to never see it. 450.00 Shipped, Lower 48

30daSug.jpg

4UHdz3j.jpg

TIqoyfL.jpg
KE2ri8Q.jpg

GmuUMgq.jpg

hXMnXgj.jpg

0zeVqDl.jpg

TIiCPtUm.jpg

Temptation, oh temptation…

Would you consider a trade for a 1995 CVA St. Louis Hawken rifle in .50 with an extra 1990 .54 barrel? Two rifles in one! :)

Thank you for the offer But I would rather sell it, I have to many of these Old Guns as is, I never thought I would say that :) But it’s the truth. Just this morning I decided it’s time to let go of a few that I rarely shoot.

These Old USA Stamped CVA MR’s are getting harder to find, especially one that is stil like Brand New, With it’s original Box

Is the rate of twist 1:66 on this rifle? I tried to PM you but the forum won't let me. Is there any cast off to the stock? I am assuming this is not a kit gun, correct?

Last edited:
Is the rate of twist 1:66 on this rifle? I tried to PM you but the forum won't let me. Is there any cast off to the stock? I am assuming this is not a kit gun, correct?

Twist Rate is 1:66, I’m not sure what you mean with “Cast off to the Stock? The Rifle is as New the way they came from the Factory many Years ago

45 or 50? Do you still have other sight that was drilled in the stock? Very interested thanks in advance!

No I don’t have any other sight, It has the Factory Iron sights that came with the Rifle, you can see them in the Pictures above. I believe the Front sight is German Silver. The Rifle is .45 Caliber

Twist Rate is 1:66, I’m not sure what you mean with “Cast off to the Stock? The Rifle is as New the way they came from the Factory many Years ago

Cast refers to the deviation of the butt away from the center line of the gun. A shotgun/rifle with no cast is straight and a line down the barrel will continue straight down the center of the butt stock, when viewed from above. When looking from the back of the gun, a cast-off stock will show the center of the butt slightly right of the center of the rib line. The opposite is true of a cast-on stock.

Latest posts

Back