• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Upset with UPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootleggerjim

32 Cal
Reaction score
I ordered my first black powder gun, a 1858 Remington, could hardly stand it wating for it to get here....tracked it all the way here.....UPS said they delivered it yesterday to met customer........no package, no nothing.........UPS said they will look into it, but I think I know where thats going..........sad day....

UPS here is far far better than Fed EX and Amazon. Fed ex has actually left packages on the edge of the road between the mail box and roadway. Our USPS regular rural route driver is better than most. Her relief driver is the pits, puts mail in the wrong boxes, doesn't even close them half the time. Complaints to the PO get no where.

UPS has notified my wife that a package was delivered one day only to have the driver show up a day or two later with the package. Sorry to hear this about UPS, I worked there decades ago and they were owned entirely by the employees back then. The Employees had great pride in their work and company back then.

UPS can be horrible, especially if your place is "inconvenient" for the driver. My brother had so many packages left by the road (long driveway) or at the house across the street he ended up getting a mailbox at the local UPS store.
Happened to me quite a bit. Left on the side of the road at the end of our long driveway. Marked "left at front door" on the tracking page. I started filing claims for lost/stolen packages. I guess after UPS had shelled out enough lost/stolen claim money, they were forced to start actually delivering to my door.

Asking for recipient's signature for delivery is a very good idea but does not always work. A few years ago Fed Ex left a signature required envelope on our front doorstep. We almost never use the front door. Come and go through the garage and were not expecting an envelope delivery.

Called Fed Ex and tried to make a polite complaint but was cut off and treated rudely by a supervisor.

UPS girl stopped by today, she's been leaving our packages with a drug dealer about 1/4 mile from our house......the asswipe said he was me.......tick tock goes the clock.........

UPS is far better here than either Fedex or the post office. Our UPS drivers don't call and say, oh it snowed we can't get there like the FEDEx toad does, and UPS doesn't drop stuff for people living 16 miles away, like the USPS route guy does.

My UPS guy is quite good. On the other hand some of the FedEx people leave much to be desired. FedEx absorbed Roadway Intl I was told, and so the FedEx Overnight are the originals, and then the slower version is the old Roadway International folks, and they apparently are like two companies within a company.

LAZER Ship is another bizarre company..., I think they hire anybody who looks sober.....

OH btw folks, I moved this to vendors, since its about a service and not about the OP's actual handgun....

LD

We have a mile long drive, gravel, creek, steep hill, etc. Scary stuff for city oriented folks. About 50 yards up the drive we placed a rubber maid box/trunk, big enough for most deliveries. UPS has been real good about it, USPS just leaves notes in the mailbox for us to come get packages, and FedEx overnight comes to the house, but FedEx ground is a private contractor, and they filled the mailbox, under the mailbox, road, ditch, etc. No complaints stuck, not even to the USPS.
The secret to fixing it for us was Twitter shaming them.
Some of my family has disabilities, and, well, social media is ruthless when it comes to things like that. A picture or three help.
The delivery manager for the ground contractor called me the following day.

UPS and FEDEX often leave my packages at my neighbor's house. I suspects it is because they would have to either back into my driveway or back out of it. His driveway has a turn around circle.

If they can JAM it in my mailbox that is what USPS does. Otherwise they come up the drive to my porch.

I ordered my first black powder gun, a 1858 Remington, could hardly stand it wating for it to get here....tracked it all the way here.....UPS said they delivered it yesterday to met customer........no package, no nothing.........UPS said they will look into it, but I think I know where thats going..........sad day....
I’ve had most of my headaches with FedEx.

I get along great with both, a young girl was filling in for my normal guy and she has a history of leaving stiff with the wrong address.....UPS did an investatgion and has closed it already.....so far I have nothing.....

Fed-Ex is an abomination around here, I have a private lane leading to my home and have experienced everything from having a portable compressor tossed and left in a snowbank [the lane was clear], to a driver driving his 28' box truck off the road into the drainage. I saw him taking apart one of my stone walls in order to somehow use the material to facilitate his recovery. I went out to investigate and found the truck practically on its side. This driver, who was likely on his cell phone when this occurred, tried to convince me that his tires were bad, and that he skidded, uphill, on a dry surface, into his dilemma. It took a tractor and multiple heavy tow-trucks to put him right and back on the road. The truck suffered damage, as did the property. Much diligence and persistence was required in order to advance a claim. The regional office, from where this delivery was dispatched, was totally unresponsive.

Back