• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

UPS lost 2 - 1 lb containers of Old Ensford 3f Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiochuck

Lifetime Supporter
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
On October 27 I order 2- 1 lb containers of 3F Old Ensford Black Powder from Midway USA
UPS sent the tracking number but was updated each of several days this past week showing it arrived in Columbus Ohio but had not moved for over 3 days.
On Friday my local UPS terminal told me I needed to contact UPS at the their 866 number to report this problem???
When I did it was my job to contact, Midway to report UPS's problem??
Midway's response was to tell me:
Dear James,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I really apologize that you have not received your order as the last expected delivery date was today. Due to our contract with the shipping carriers, we have to wait 11 days past the last tracking update before we are able to file a claim and reship (if in stock) or refund an order. Your order last updated on 11/3 so we have to wait until 11/15 to resolve the lost package. Please contact us again then verifying your address, we are happy to refund you for that order as we have since discontinued the product.

If we can be of further assistance, we are available by live chat and phone 7 days a week from 8:05 AM to 4:30 PM CST or you may email us any time. Please note, we answer emails as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Thanks for Your Business! MidwayUSA Customer Service

They have sold out out of the 3f that I ordered.

This is offered just to be aware
Thanks!
Jim

On October 27 I order 2- 1 lb containers of 3F Old Ensford Black Powder from Midway USA
UPS sent the tracking number but was updated each of several days this past week showing it arrived in Columbus Ohio but had not moved for over 3 days.
On Friday my local UPS terminal told me I needed to contact UPS at the their 866 number to report this problem???
Dear James,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I really apologize that you have not received your order as the last expected delivery date was today. Due to our contract with the shipping carriers, we have to wait 11 days past the last tracking update before we are able to file a claim and reship (if in stock) or refund an order. Your order last updated on 11/3 so we have to wait until 11/15 to resolve the lost package. Please contact us again then verifying your address, we are happy to refund you for that order as we have since discontinued the product.

If we can be of further assistance, we are available by live chat and phone 7 days a week from 8:05 AM to 4:30 PM CST or you may email us any time. Please note, we answer emails as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Thanks!
Jim
I am really sorry for your disappointment, however this can all be avoided in the future by self production of the nessary powder.

How did UPS know the package was lost, unless they themselves discovered it missing from their facility? Since black powder is now classified as an explosive (which is why we pay hazmat fees), the missing package should fall under ATF regulations.

I would print out the tracking info before it gets "accidentally" erased, and call UPS and tell them that you will file the missing package report with the ATF on 15 November if the package does not arrive.

this ^ x1000. I once had a ups driver decided he didn't have time to make my delivery and went farther down the street as I watched him. I call the UPS service line and explained the items he was diverting were controlled by ATF and I was legally obligated to make my next call to them to inform them which would likely result in the break bulk he was homed at being locked down immediately as the ATF takes a dim view of diverting weapons.....pause on hold for less than a minute to be informed the mix up would be corrected presently and the driver would deliver my goods immediately. I never had a late delivery from them again.

I wonder if one of thoes ILIGLE ALIENS may have got it in a where house some where?

My powder orders from Midway and Traveler's Antiques both showed up a day or 2 early! I figured UPS wanted to get rid of them ASAP. But insurance claims from carriers always have a wait time. At least it's not 90 days like the USPS when they lost a rifle I had shipped!

I asked the local UPS Manager here in Central FL about shipping Black Powder through UPS Ground, He told me about the latest
New Congressional Law passed by the Biden Admin. I would have to pay $ 100 to take a "hazmat" class and get certified to ship Black Powder,
the class and permit required are renewable every year for another fee. This is "MADNESS"

Graf Bros. ships as much BP as you need for only a $ 10 hazmat fee. How do they get to do it when we can't ???

Dear James,

Thanks!
Jim

That's one of the many reasons I don't deal with Midway or UPS any more, it happens way too often.

I asked the local UPS Manager here in Central FL about shipping Black Powder through UPS Ground, He told me about the latest
New Congressional Law passed by the Biden Admin. I would have to pay $ 100 to take a "hazmat" class and get certified to ship Black Powder,
the class and permit required are renewable every year for another fee. This is "MADNESS"

Graf Bros. ships as much BP as you need for only a $ 10 hazmat fee. How do they get to do it when we can't ???

They probably have to have their shipping manager take the class then they can ship all they want. The cost of the training is amortized over hundreds or thousands of orders that are fulfilled.

FOLKS
Are you aware that MidwayUSA ships "via UPS"....SORTA.....,
They use some sort of odd system, that combines UPS with US mail and other carriers..., for example when I order from MidwayUSA shipped via UPS, the truck drives right past the exit for my town, then later past the exit for the UPS distribution site..., all the way up to New Jersey (an extra 2 hours on the road)... THEN UPS drops my package into the US Mail....
So...UPS may NOT have lost the item, nor a UPS employee pilfering it. It may simply have been messed up during one of these weird transports.

LD

FOLKS
Are you aware that MidwayUSA ships "via UPS"....SORTA.....,
They use some sort of odd system, that combines UPS with US mail and other carriers..., for example when I order from MidwayUSA shipped via UPS, the truck drives right past the exit for my town, then later past the exit for the UPS distribution site..., all the way up to New Jersey (an extra 2 hours on the road)... THEN UPS drops my package into the US Mail....
So...UPS may NOT have lost the item, nor a UPS employee pilfering it. It may simply have been messed up during one of these weird transports.

LD

They do use UPS mail inovations but a hazmat shipment will not go into the custody of the USPS. Pretty much FedEx and UPS only.

Very strange for them to lose an explosive! I’m so sorry, that order is irreplaceable.
Very strange for them to handle hazardous materials let alone explosives. UPS and USPS will not ship my products as they are to hazardous. I can only ship FedEx but have to double box.

I've had issues with UPS. I took off work to sign for 6 ponds of powder. They dropped the box off without even ringing the door bell. My dogs let me know someone was there.

I've had issues with UPS. I took off work to sign for 6 ponds of powder. They dropped the box off without even ringing the door bell. My dogs let me know someone was there.
Yeah. Nothing says either "call the cops" or "steal me" quite like a box with red and white "EXPLOSIVE" stickers all over it unattended on someone's front porch...especially these days.

wm

Latest posts

Back