• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Upgrade from a Traditions Trapper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember? they said it was pretty good. I think i beat Brian by 10 points. havent beat him at anything since. I really don't care that much for bullseye shooting. Much rather run through the snow and shoot steel. I know at sectionals I shot 93 on my rapid fire and had over 3 min left on the clock. shot a 92 on the slow fire 25yrd target and then crashed and burned at 50 yrds. I was 4 points up on Brian after those two targets but he won easily after the 50yrd match. there should be more speed events that count. fastest 5 shots on an 6inch plate @ 20yrds would be nice...

the trapper has not been shooting well. it loads super easy with the CVA lubed .15 patch . it was easier to find a .495 mold than find .20 or thicker pre cut lubed patches so I ordered the mold. It came yesterday and I cooked up 221 .495 roundballs today. shot 30 of them and accuracy is much better but not the 1.5" 50yrd bench groups I was shooting with the same gun last year. It also loads a heck of a lot easier than it did when it was new or even last year. I do not keep a log but I suspect its about 5k rounds? I would hate to shell out $1,600+ clams on a Lepage and have it only last 2 years... traditions claims to have a lifetime warrantee. interesting to see if they will give me a new bbl...

If you’re looking for a smaller caliber the Pedersoli LePage comes in .31 or .36 caliber. I have the .36 cal and it’s a great shooter for the informal target shooting I do. There’s a nice Pedersoli Continental Target pistol for sale on this forums classified section. It’s in .45 caliber but still smaller than the Trapper. I’ve read nothing but good things about the Continental Target pistol.

Back