• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE *Updated* Wire inlayed curly maple ball boards

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmoon

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, up for your consideration is 5 round wire inlayed curly maple ball boards / speed loaders. I have a few made up and ready to go but generally made to order.
Made and inlayed etc by myself.
Price is $37 shipped to lower 48. Paypal is preferred.
Calibers include: 32, 36, 40, 45, 50, 54, 58, 62, 69, 75
Wire options include:
--Brass,
--German silver (aka nickel silver, made of nickel, copper and zinc),
--Fine Silver (.999 fine silver, add $5)

Thank you

Attachments

• 20211110_131030.jpg
    20211110_131030.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 588
  • 20211110_131050.jpg
    20211110_131050.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
Hello, up for your consideration is some 5 round brass or German silver curly maple ball boards / speed loaders. Made and inlaid by myself. Price is $37 shipped to USA each.

Brass calibers: 32, 36, 40(2), 45, 50, 54, 58
German silver: 40, 45, 50, 58
No inlay: 50 ($17)

If you don't see your caliber or wire material let me know i can make one for you.. I can do up to 62 cal for the time being (69 and 75 are in the works). Wire options include: Brass, German silver and 999 Fine Silver (add $5)

Thank you
PM Sent

Id be happy to. Basically you patch and ball each hole, seating them til the patched ball protrudes slightly from the bottom, when you get to the shooting line you drop your powder down the barrel and place the ball board over the muzzle and use your short starter or ramrod to push one of your patched balls down, move the board out of the way and finish seating your patched ball nice and tight.
They speed up the loading process and help you keep track of what shot # you are on in the string, I made these as 5 shots because many clubs/shoots shoot 5 shot strings.

Attachments

• 20200416_210318.jpg
    20200416_210318.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 64
Quick question
What is the difference between German silver, and 999 Fine Silver (add $5) curly maple ball board / speed loader ?
Thanks
Jim

Id be happy to. Basically you patch and ball each hole, seating them til the patched ball protrudes slightly from the bottom, when you get to the shooting line you drop your powder down the barrel and place the ball board over the muzzle and use your short starter or ramrod to push one of your patched balls down, move the board out of the way and finish seating your patched ball nice and tight.
They speed up the loading process and help you keep track of what shot # you are on in the string, I made these as 5 shots because many clubs/shoots shoot 5 shot strings.
Very cool speed loaders, beautifully made. As a matter of fact, You could leave the speed loader on top of the barrel, until after seating the ball all the way down with ram rod. Furthermore, speeding up the loading process even more. As long as, your sequence doesn't require the short starter.

Back