Upcoming Traditional Hunt Opportunity

Discussion in 'Traditional Muzzleloader Hunting' started by Sparkitoff, Aug 3, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Aug 3, 2019 #1

Sparkitoff

Sparkitoff

Sparkitoff

40 Cal.

Twice a year I host a traditional style hunt near Corpus Christi, TX. We set up "camp" on a manicured lawn for safety and comfort. There is a cement patio with firepit. Water and restrooms available. This is a combination of old time flavor and modern convenience. The "hunt" is conducted through spot-and-stalk or using a hide (blind) - your choice. This is intended as a prelude to the regular season and a chance to get some good meat. The game is Red Deer, Axis Deer, Javelina or Hog. There are a few other critters around in low quantity but they are not to be taken. There is a game cleaning area and an ice machine but you need a cooler. If anyone needs more modern lodging due to personal limitations or preferences, that is available for a small fee. I do not profit from this event, I just have the connections to host it. it is on a private ranch that does not do a lot of commercial hunting. You pay the owner upon completion of your stay. Come in the afternoon and get in an evening hunt, then hunt all day the next day until dark. It is a huge place of thousands of acres so there is no absolute guarantee that you will be successful. Right now the tentative date (depending on interest and participation is Aug. 31 - Sept 2 (any afternoon + full day combo). Cost is $150 to participate and an additional $350 if you successfully take an animal. If someone happened to be interested in a huge Red Stag trophy or an Axis buck trophy you can inquire about the cost of taking one. Please PM me if you are interested in attending. Ask questions right on the forum so everyone can see the question and answer.

FiremanBrad likes this.
  2. Jan 9, 2020 #2

Boom Stick

Boom Stick

Boom Stick

32 Cal

Wish I had read this last year. Sounds like an incredible opportunity, but it figures with the way my luck has been running for the last couple of years. Hope someone was able to take the opportunity to take you up on the offer.

3. Jan 9, 2020 #3

Sparkitoff

Sparkitoff

Sparkitoff

40 Cal.

One person came, but he decided to use a crossbow.

4. Jan 10, 2020 #4

Brokennock

Brokennock

Brokennock

50 Cal.

Someday....

5. Jan 14, 2020 at 5:29 AM #5

Boom Stick

Boom Stick

Boom Stick

32 Cal

Yeah, I'll keep telling myself that …. someday .... Sigh. :(

After 22 years of marriage and also retiring from the military, my wife - like most military wives lately … - has decided to loose her ever-loving mind and now wants a divorce. She also wants HALF, plus $500 per child (x3). Guess I'm supposed to live on the streets. If I wasn't so messed up medically I'd pack up my plains rifle along with enough kit to last me a few years and head off into the woods to live off the land for my piece of mind.

FiremanBrad and Britsmoothy like this.
  6. Jan 14, 2020 at 1:33 PM #6

Walkingeagle

Walkingeagle

Walkingeagle

32 Cal.

Been there buddy. Mine was two months shy of 25 years. She got it all, not half but all! If it wasn't for the cancer I would have been in them woods already.
    Walk

Britsmoothy likes this.
  7. Jan 14, 2020 at 2:33 PM #7

Sparkitoff

Sparkitoff

Sparkitoff

40 Cal.

Boom Stick - I will pray for you. There is a reason that we don't understand. Something better is in your future. For everyone else, I always do this type hunt in March and May (every year) and sometimes in the winter. If you want info you can PM me.

Britsmoothy likes this.
  8. Jan 14, 2020 at 3:13 PM #8

mushka

mushka

mushka

36 Cal.

Sure am glad I'm single. I did go on a Texas hog hunt once some years back. Down near Crystal Spring. Got two hogs, cost was $350.00. Lots of rattlesnakes though. Had to look below you every time you got out of the truck.

9. Jan 14, 2020 at 3:42 PM #9

Boom Stick

Boom Stick

Boom Stick

32 Cal

Thanks guys, means a lot. I'm so worried that my wife will get the kids. She is bat-crap-crazy and just mean and vindictive - suffers from depression and we think is also Bi-polar. Because of her verbal abuse and the stress of mommy and daddy getting a divorce, my 12 year old daughter was committed to behavioral health from September to December and I have to be around and watch her like a hawk so that she doesn't try to hurt herself again.

Sparkitoff, I'll keep you in mind but unless a miracle happens I don't see that happening this year for sure. For the time being I have my daughter so I have no life / cannot get away as I have to be here for her. Plus, with $300 an hour attorney fees, by the time the divorce is finalized it'll take years to dig myself out of debt. More than likely it will be a race to see which happens first, digging out of debt or digging my grave as I'll be 53 this year....

10. Jan 15, 2020 at 3:23 AM #10

Britsmoothy

Britsmoothy

Britsmoothy

70 Cal. MLF Supporter

I'm in a similar muck hole myself! You have my sympathy Budd.
    Sorry Sparkitoff. Over and out.

B.

Draft saved Draft deleted