• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Up and Running

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Has I introduced that we have a Forum for Antique weapons which are loaded from the muzzle I am glad that after a big response it has been accepted for which I am sure will be a befit to all members both old and new
May I take the opportunity and wish the forum all the best :):ThankYou:
Feltwad

Yes there was a question of possibly taking "Firearm Identification" and expanding that, to include known antiques, because that's for original guns and not repros that the owner simply doesn't know the origin, and because many of the folks IDing the guns are the folks who own lots of existing examples of the originals. But a thread area just for actual original alone was created to avoid muddling. However, threads are permitted on breech loaders, so long as they were made in 1865 and earlier.

LD

That's about as fair as fair can be. Thanks again.
Well thank Angie @Meriwether, as she's the decider in this sort of thing.

AND FOR THE RECORD, as I hear this from tourists a lot.... any folks out there who think the people of the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries weren't as "smart" as modern folks, just look at some of the intricate as well as beautiful firearms and other gadgets they had in those centuries.

I'm looking forward to seeing some cool stuff, fur sur!

LD

Last edited:
Forum Original Antique Firearms has of late had little response both in replies and views there must be many more antiques out there so let's have more, it does not have to be some fancy gun,rifle,or pistol it can be a rough one in a collection they all have a history.
Feltwad

Not sure about the 1865 date - that seems to eliminates a lot of post CW Muzzleloaders from the Ohio Valley to the Mountains of the Appalachians..,
Not to mention some fantastic British work.
After all - they are Muzzleloaders.

97DFDCD6-7BA1-459C-9461-EEBEE22513CB.jpeg

Not sure about the 1865 date - that seems to eliminates a lot of post CW Muzzleloaders from the Ohio Valley to the Mountains of the Appalachians..,
Not to mention some fantastic British work. After all - they are Muzzleloaders.

Yes, agreed, but that's come over from Rule 1 of the forums as a whole:
1: The focus of this site is "Traditional Muzzleloading"; The history of muzzleloading weapons and battles, up to and including the American Civil War. (From the inception of firearms through 1865)

Sadly it eliminates quite a lot.

David

Latest posts

Back