• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unusual

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On seeing this my first thought was a Wesson buggy rifle, definitely something from the North East, New England area.

Glad you found the maker, looks like he was indeed from the North East and probably learned from the greats listed in Ned Roberts' book.

Let us know how she shoots!

“I looked in my book titled: GUNMAKERS of ILLINOIS 1683-1900 Volume II, by Curtis L. Johnson
On pg.240 there is a Hendricks, Merton S. listed.”

Cowboy

Thanks for the information; I ordered it from my local library.

On mine the trigger guard, butt plate and cap box are German silver but no marking.

Thanks
William Alexander

“The unique thing is that the barrel is so much smaller than the "breakoff on your patent breech; it almost seems like the barrel was a later retrofit”

Where and how the breach plug fits, I don’t think so, but not impossible.
Yes, I will make/have made a lollipop sight.

Thanks
William Alexander

The threads on this type of sight were often very fine; sometimes more than 50 to the inch. They were calibrated so one turn of the sight would raise the point of aim a specific amount.

Latest posts

Back