• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Unusual Scottish Musket BACK ON THE MARKET

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have an unusual Scottish Musket for sale. The Musket was made by Jeff Miller, Master Blacksmith in Waldoboro Maine. I will deliver anywhere in New England and parts of New York for the cost of gas and tolls. The price is $2000. Otherwise you will have to pay for shipping.

May have been fired once or twice. If you are on Facebook/Flintlock era you can see photos of its twin, commissioned by the owner after he saw this one here. The only two I know of in the country although another may be on its way.

THE BARREL IS 55-1/2± INCHES LONG THE OVERALL LENGTH OF THE MUSKET IS 6 FEET

Attachments

• IMG_5792.JPG
    IMG_5792.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5793.JPG
    IMG_5793.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5794.JPG
    IMG_5794.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5796.JPG
    IMG_5796.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5797.JPG
    IMG_5797.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5798.JPG
    IMG_5798.JPG
  • IMG_5799.JPG
    IMG_5799.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5800.JPG
    IMG_5800.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5801.JPG
    IMG_5801.JPG
  • IMG_5877.JPG
    IMG_5877.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have an unusual Scottish Musket for sale. The Musket was made by Jeff Miller, Master Blacksmith in Waldoboro Maine. I will deliver anywhere in New England and parts of New York for the cost of gas and tolls. The price is $2000. Otherwise you will have to pay for shipping.

May have been fired once or twice. If you are on Facebook/Flintlock era you can see photos of its twin, commissioned by the owner after he saw this one here. The only two I know of in the country although another may be on its way. .69/14guage
Here's three more photos

Attachments

• IMG_5802.JPG
    IMG_5802.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5803.JPG
    IMG_5803.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5804.JPG
    IMG_5804.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5877.JPG
    IMG_5877.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic piece! The Scottish Musket in my thread is currently on Dale's workbench and I should have some pictures coming soon. The builder of this did a really good job, the stock looks a lot like R-24 and R-14 in Scottish Firearms by Blair and Woosnam-Savage. Good luck with the sale, should not take long as good of a deal as this is!

Last edited:

May have been fired once or twice. If you are on Facebook/Flintlock era you can see photos of its twin, commissioned by the owner after he saw this one here. The only two I know of in the country although another may be on its way.
Good Day.
The card with your screen name and the date of the photo needs to be adjacent to the item for sale in at least one photo. The card alone is insufficient. Thanks.

LD

Absolutely fantastic piece! The Scottish Musket in my thread is currently on Dale's workbench and I should have some pictures coming soon. The builder of this did a really good job, the stock looks a lot like R-24 and R-14 in Scottish Firearms by Blair and Woosnam-Savage. Good luck with the sale, should not take long as good of a deal as this is!
Yes indeed, an amazing price. Too good to be true !

I wanted to let everyone that has followed this Fowler ad know that I have notified the seller that I am not purchasing, but not because of any issues with the ad or the seller. The item is legit as is the pedigree of the piece. It was made by Jeff Miller and the seller indeed has the fowler.
This was all on MY END, not the seller. After I pm'd him about buying I belatedly asked about barrel length. With the overall length of 6', my safe won't accommodate it and that's the only issue for me. I regret this because it is such a unique piece and I put the seller through his time and effort that could have been avoided.
Garret

I wanted to let everyone that has followed this Fowler ad know that I have notified the seller that I am not purchasing, but not because of any issues with the ad or the seller. The item is legit as is the pedigree of the piece. It was made by Jeff Miller and the seller indeed has the fowler.
This was all on MY END, not the seller. After I pm'd him about buying I belatedly asked about barrel length. With the overall length of 6', my safe won't accommodate it and that's the only issue for me. I regret this because it is such a unique piece and I put the seller through his time and effort that could have been avoided.
Garret
GARRET, you are an up-front squared away guy. That along makes me wish this was going to you.

I wanted to post on this listing that I did reconsider my backing out on this Fowler and did in fact purchase it from the seller, Mark. I received it today and am completely bowled over by this work of art! Jeff Miller is the builder and did a fantastic job of recreating a gun he modeled from an original in the Tower Armoury in England.

Mark is a very knowledgeable collector and was a pleasure to deal with on this, in spite of me causing him a bit of grief when I first pulled out from the sale. He was gracious enough to not hold it against me and we followed through with the sale.

Thank you, Mark, for your time and help.
Cheers,
Gary

I wanted to post on this listing that I did reconsider my backing out on this Fowler and did in fact purchase it from the seller, Mark. I received it today and am completely bowled over by this work of art! Jeff Miller is the builder and did a fantastic job of recreating a gun he modeled from an original in the Tower Armoury in England.

Mark is a very knowledgeable collector and was a pleasure to deal with on this, in spite of me causing him a bit of grief when I first pulled out from the sale. He was gracious enough to not hold it against me and we followed through with the sale.

Thank you, Mark, for your time and help.
Cheers,
Gary
Gary, it was my honor and pleasure. I'm glad you are happy with it. Enjoy it a lot. I know of only one other, also made by Jeff.

Well Ive made enough Scots fluted stock guns ,some proper Snaphance, others just an 'Updated' to English lock variant. There just arn't enough surviving long guns to really say how many variants there where . but the fluted shapes are pleasing and I used them hunting .These are shorter not heavy ones and two being rifles . The big duck guns are too unwieldy unless used from a hide (Blind) after waterfowl.
That conventional late one might be Scots but dosn't grab me .What I have made are matchlock ones pure conjectural since non survive in any form But the old texts refer to "Lunt Werk' & 'Rowett Werk' Viz matchlock & Wheel lock if no depiction's. My ' Mary Rose' style re stock snap matchlock is again conjectural but such where used by Henry the 8th against the Scots and some pick ups could have warranted a restock.? Does this add to our knowledge ? Well no ,but it dosn't hurt it any either .
Rudyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back