• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Unusual rifle!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had this rifle for several years, I had another the same in not as good condition.
This rifle is a percussion .50, 1:48 twist walnut stock, English sporting rifle configuration, checkered stock. ( forearm and wrist ) Checkering is well executed.
Barrel is octagonal 7/8" ( with steel under rib )with the muzzle turned round.
Sights are buckhorn rear and simple blade front.
Butt plate is flat, all metal is color case hardened nose cap, butt plate, patch box ( very well )
The gun was made by Antonio Zoli of Italy. Zoli is well known for their fine shotguns. ( modern )
The only fault that I found was the rather weak lock, which I changed for a L&R percussion.
There were not too many of these rifles produced.
If someone can shed some information on this rifle it would be appreciated.
I will try and post some pictures of the gun later.
It is one of my most prised guns.
Have a great day!
Fred

Send us pics of the proof marks and we can advise you how old it is. You already seem to have all the information - what exactly is it you want to know?

Don’t know anything about them except that I wanted one. Never could scrounge up the bucks when they were available.

Hello again,
Here are some pictures of the Antonio Zoli Sporting rifle.
I hope they come out. ( No, not having any luck posting pictures)
You will have to take me for my word.
This rifle far exceeds any Lyman rifle, Traditions, CVA, and perhaps Pedersoli.
I am not looking to sell this fine older gun,( unless you have a good dog, wife ( must have good teeth ), horse or tractor for trade) but wish to share the information, and perhaps one of you fellows may find one.
If you do find one, at a good price, get it, you will be happy.
But caution you may have to replace the lock ( and besides that is a good negotiating issue )
Have a great day!
Fred

Hello again,
I am not looking to sell this fine older gun,( unless you have a good dog, wife ( must have good teeth ), horse or tractor for trade) but wish to share the information, and perhaps one of you fellows may find one.
But caution you may have to replace the lock ( and besides that is a good negotiating issue )
Have a great day!
Fred
Shucks, you mentioned a good wife but then mentioned her teeth! That's me out.

Hello again,
Have a great day!
Fred
Not getting any pictures. Is it just me?

Back