• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Unusual Percussion Locks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob alexander

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a SXS percussion muzzle loader with an unusual lock. Just wondered if anyone knows anything else about it origins?

Fired position.JPG

Attachments

• first lock position.JPG
    first lock position.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 133
  • full cock position.JPG
    full cock position.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 109
  • interior lock.JPG
    interior lock.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 110
I have seen and own similar I would say Belgian or French some kind of safety devise full image of the full internal length may help
Feltwad
P1010004.JPG

I know that my friend been in black powder for 55 years---please read before responding
regards
Bob

Attachments

• Fired position.JPG
    Fired position.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 102
I know that my friend been in black powder for 55 years---please read before responding

regards
Bob
1607137740378.jpeg
full image of the full internal length may help
Can understand why you ask people to read before they post. Very frustrating when they don’t read first. Like after you read Feltwad’s request for an image of the internal length of the lock, and you reposted an external full length image of the lock.

Back