• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unobtainable Percussion caps šŸ˜”

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Canā€™t find the Remington #10 caps shippable anywhere :(

Did a bit of research, it appears that the CCI #11 is a viable 2nd choice.

Will be used with my 1851 Colt (Uberti) and 1858 Remington (Pietta) fffG powder.

I will be upgrading the nipples on both pistols to SlikShot or similar

Opinions?

If that's all you can find, beats not being able to shoot the gun at all right?

IMO, all the more reason to get into flintlocks. Flints are easy to locate.

I looked on the net for a while trying to find #11, no go. Went to local Outdoor Connection and they had plenty, both Remington and CCI so I bought 200 even though I already had 200...don't want to run out! May go back and buy some more just in case they become unavailable later.

Haven't seen Remingtons for at least a few months locally. Have been using CCI #11s instead.

Most of my revolvers have been swapped to Treso/Ampco nipples. Those CCI's work, but aren't preferred.

Iā€™ve heard when these panics hit the big outfits halt cap production to make rimfires. Uses similar tech and floor space at the factory.

I have about 1300 caps which should hold me over for a while, at least until things stabilize a bit or I hunt more down if they donā€™t.

Last edited:
The past few times that I've gone to Bass Pro they've had #10 Remington, #11 CCI and CCI Magnum caps. That's here in NH, I'm not sure about your local stores but worth checking out.

Will be used with my 1851 Colt (Uberti) and 1858 Remington (Pietta) fffG powder.

Opinions?
I got lucky and found 2000 for $3 per can.

Opinions?
Bass Pro and Cabelas (same thing) both list Remington #10 on their website with a 20 dollar shipping fee.
Just checked and they are in stock. I have a Bass Pro semi close to me, and used the curbside delivery option.

For some reason, that takes me to the Remington 209 primers. I can slide the picture over to the #10, but when I put it in the cart it's 209's :(

Back