• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unknown maker mark ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Friends,
I have an aquaintance that brought me a rifle to try and help him evaluate as he may need to sell it for his widowed mother.
It is a fine looking ifle that might even have been a flintlock originally, but I think is a later GOLDEN AGE type rifle. Very nice wood, lots of inletting, carving. And in pretty good condition.
I have some photos and would post on here but just cannot figure out how to use this site to do so.
There is makers initials on the top barrel flat and lock plate. But the are fancy script and hard to read just what they are. Maybe "C P" Maybe "C S"??
I will either send you some photos direct or would love to figure out how to add on here if someone can tell me??
Thanks, this might be a real find. His grandfather has had these rifle since before he can remember.
Adios

There's a video tutorial at the top of the Forum Index page called "Using The Forum"...everything you never wanted to know! :thumbsup: :haha:

Upload the photos on Photobucket then use the "direct link" address at Photobucket and the little picture icon above the text entry window here to add the photos.
It is best to reduce the photos to large or medium email size first. I can "share" photos via email from my photo program and it automatically sizes them. Then I grad them to the "add photos" window on the Photobucket site.

Dan

Latest posts

Back