• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unknown Flintlock Pistol - Help needed!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks very much for some more detailed information, I appreciate your research into this.
Forums like these are excellent places for collaborative discussion and I am glad I posted here, though I think some comments can be more helpful than others.

Glad some got some help, but as for your last sentence, we have a very useful ignore feature if needed. :)

Pretty sure that weld mark in the barrel is the seam in a water pipe. Go to a hardware store and look inside a pipe nipple. If the pipe is good quality the barrel would probably hold together but I bet the breechplug is welded rather than threaded. It's a great wallhanger and you can let your friends handle it at will. It might be a good idea to plug that touch hole somehow so no one tries to fire it in the future.

I have a similar one that my sister brought me back from Egypt, I think. Never told her she was ripped off.

On mine the barrel is electrical conduit, has the same seam.

I have a similar one that my sister brought me back from Egypt, I think. Never told her she was ripped off.

On mine the barrel is electrical conduit, has the same seam.
I actually fired an cannon made from a pipe once. I did it from what I considered a safe distance and it did not blow up but I never repeated that test. My cannon went into the scrap bin at work. Electrical conduit might be a whole different experience though. It is scary that these things are out there. I would be very tickeled to own the item that started this thread, but I would do something to demil it. Maybe pour some lead or plaster of paris into the bore? It would still look good but wouldn't be dangerous.

I actually fired an cannon made from a pipe once. I did it from what I considered a safe distance and it did not blow up but I never repeated that test. My cannon went into the scrap bin at work. Electrical conduit might be a whole different experience though. It is scary that these things are out there. I would be very tickeled to own the item that started this thread, but I would do something to demil it. Maybe pour some lead or plaster of paris into the bore? It would still look good but wouldn't be dangerous.
Will certainly consider this, if I ever pass this on or it gets sold I'll be sure to mention all the details that have been brought up in this thread so that anyone who owns this after me knows exactly what they're getting. I may very well plug the bore/touchhole to dissuade any attempt to fire this.

sooner or later some one is going to get seriously hurt of even killed with this trash floating around. they belong hanging on a wall or better still in the trash! jmho.

hang it on the wall and when someone asks, "What? is that??" you can tell them that you saw it in a store and it looked so ugly and pitiful that you just had to have it.

Naaaah ! Tell them that it belonged to the king of England, before it fell overboard in the ocean...… ;)

Back