Unidentified pistol

Discussion in 'Firearm Identification' started by Joeps, Jan 27, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jan 27, 2019 #1

Joeps

Joeps

Joeps

32 Cal

hello al,

I have this this converted pistol (largest one on the pictures) Which I cant identify. The maker is h.meunier who was according to my literature active in Genève. Any info on the pistol is more then welcome!

Attached Files:

2. Jan 27, 2019 #2

Joeps

Joeps

Joeps

32 Cal

There was also a meunier active in liege and one in Berlin and France. Only one in Genève with a H. in my reference book I found this picture of his marking.

Attached Files:

3. Jan 28, 2019 #3

robinghewitt

robinghewitt

robinghewitt

62 Cal.

They look so plastic from behind but gorgeous from the front. Most odd :rolleyes:

4. Jan 28, 2019 #4

Eterry

Eterry

Eterry

45 Cal.

I think that is the lighting...taken at 2 different times I guess. The marking looks rather crude for a maker to put on there to me...if that was the best I could do I wouldn't sign it. Makes me wonder if the mark is legit...

5. Jan 28, 2019 #5

Joeps

Joeps

Joeps

32 Cal

The question is most definitely not wether they are legit :D The marking is correct. I am looking for a model as it Seems military to me?

6. Jan 28, 2019 #6

dave_person

dave_person

dave_person

54 Cal.

Hi Joeps,
    Thank you for sharing your photos. They look to be very interesting pistols. My first inclination is that the lower pistol is a French model 1733 dragoon pistol with the barrel shortened by a cm or so. I suspect Meunier was the person who converted the pistol to percussion, not the original maker. However, based on the trigger guard, it is possible it is a German Potzdam cavalry pistol from the 1720s or 1740s. I cannot see many of the details in the photos so it is hard to determine. I believe pistols of that style were also made in Belgium. There should be marks on the barrel.

dave

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  7. Jan 30, 2019 #7

Eterry

Eterry

Eterry

45 Cal.

Maybe its my pc, but the writing on the lock looks very crude, that's what I meant. Usually the writing on the lock is faint, but not crudely done. I tried to zoom the pic but couldn't.