• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

undersized balls out of a smoothie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NB: I never pleaded with Musket Man not to abuse my pictures. Please stop sending him hate mail and death threats.

But . . . we ALL send Mooskeetman death threats and hate mail.

Once the officers started carrying firearms they were fair game. Sometimes, even when they had both arms up in the air. You get in trouble for shooting your own officers, so it's simply professional courtesy to shoot those of your opponents'.

Any shot charge of 1 ounce or over will be quite a bit heavier than the single 20 bore ball by 100gr. or more. This in itself will cause low shooting & one must shoot as if with a shotgun, eye higher than the rear of the barrel.
: The higher the front sight, the higher will your eye have to be if you are using that sight.
; On my .69 rifle, the "point's blank" sight was only 3/16" above the rear plain of the barrel with the front sight being 1/8" above the barrel. With the full hunting charge, this elevation gave a 100yd. zero. With 3 drams, the rifle was zero'd at 80yd. and 1 1/2" low at 100yds.

Back